Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Conception Aid

Default RE: Conception Aid

I agree---Taking Charge of your Fertility is a GREAT book! We're using her methods to AVOID, but I wish I had her book in the nine long months it took us to conceive Miss Gabrielle....
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

mama2be Guest

Default Sarah...

I want a little Ainsleigh/Aynsleigh so bad but last week (as we were plotting the time to "dinky dink" :)..."Girl's Gone Wild" came on...and I swear I got so afraid to have a little girl...I mean I wasn't a prude or anyting but my goodness...these girls of today are scaring me to death!!!!! (mind you be assured I know guys have gotten away with such behavior and encouraging such behavior long before)... But I did tell Steve..."maybe we should shoot for a boy again" :)...

em_jon98 Guest

Default RE: Conception Aid

Neve,

It's my understanding that you have about a 12-24 hour window once you ovulate before the quality of the ovum begins to degrade. The "egg white," or clear, thick-ish c.m. is an indicator of impending, or presently happening, ovulation. It allows the sperm a safe host to travel in, so it should be present when they "arrive" to make their journey. If you had "egg white" quality cm yesterday and Steve did his duty yesterday, than you probably hit the mark (no promises on my behalf, of course). Its complicated (of course more complicated since we are trying :) than if we were single and trying to avoid!) but the egg and sperm need to travel to a meeting place, and the time that takes needs to be factored in.

I wholly recommed Taking Charge of Your Fertility. In fact, I would be happy to lend you my copy, as I have read it and asorbed much of the info in it. It was VERY helpful and I learned a lot about my cycles, but as DH's swimmers are our issue, we will be revisiting assisted conception and I don't have a lot of use for her book right now. Let me know...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2