C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Amateur Photog Question!

I need some quick help! We're getting professional B&W photographs taken tomorrow in a studio. The photog went over clothing colors w/ me when I made the appointment, but now I can't remember the details. Anyway, he'll be taking some on a black background and some with a light background. What colors would work well for us to wear in the photos?
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Amateur Photog Question!

I think that red is a good color to wear for B&W. It is dark enough that it doesn't blend into a light background, but not so dark as to blend into a black background. But in general, medium colors, work well.

I would also try to avoid bold stripes and patterns, unless that's part of a look you're going for.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

i think you will want to avoid black and white clothing. especially white. red sounds like a good idea.
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

Grace_underfire Guest

You might want to go with all black and have your baby as bare as possible.

Check this website
    www.weedonphoto.com

ITs a local photographer that advertises in a kids guide. Her pictures are amazing. That is what she recommends. With that combo of clothing the baby just pops out.

lukkykatt Guest

When we had our B&W photos taken, the photographer suggested solid white clothes or navy/black clothes, or any combination of the 2 (white shirt with navy pants, etc.)

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wow. This topic is old! Nathaniel was naked or just in a diaper for most of the shots, but I did get him in a cute solid white vintage romper for a bit. My current avatar came from that photo shoot.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

sarahfran Guest

The photos on that website are absolutely incredible. Really, really beautiful! Too bad Texas is so far away!

-Sarah
    Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!

Grace_underfire Guest

Oh how weird.... my settings must be messed up because all I see when I log in are old messages? Sorry about posting to your old message! Your baby looks adorable!