Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Well Im still pregnant! :(

You got it....the induction didnt work!!!!! "sigh" I think that Lil'bit decided to go up instead of down if that is possible!

I was on the max of pitocin from 7am until 630pm....contracted every two minutes, and never really felt a thing other then tightening. Sooo they sent me home and still no baby! I remained dialated to about 3/4 but she wouldnt head downward :( So I see the other dr in the pratice tomorrow (my doc is now on vacation) and we will see what happens from there. Atleast I like this dr as well so thats not an issue. Im just hoping something will happen soon and that it doesnt involve a c-section, but we will see.

And Im also glad that atleast I know I made the right decision to have my parents and of course hubby there. Hubby was great, very supportive, rubbed my feet and back etc. And my mom and dad were wonderful, my mom helped ask all the right questions that I didnt think to ask, and knew what to do, like changing position when my blood pressure went up which immediately made it go back down. I also have to say that I did and didnt like the nurses, I had two that were pretty great and two that were horrible. Though I now dread going back in and having to have another iv and possibly have my blood drawn again. My arm and hand are killing me! I have had ivs before and a million blood draws with this pregnancy without any problem....yet my hand is sore from the iv and I have a huge lump from where they drew my blood! You would think they knew what they were doing they are a hosptial after all! ARG!

Oh well....one of these days Ill have this kid and I will get to post happy news instead of frustrating news! Please send labor vibes! Im settled finally in the fact that its ok to give her up and end this pregnancy even though I could gladly keep her in there forever. Ill keep you all posted...thanks for all the support!

starrynight Guest

Default RE: Well Im still pregnant! :(

Aww hon, sorry it didn't work Kathryn. I hope lil bit makes her appearance soon! Good luck *labor vibes *

deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

How frustrating for you (and us--we want news! we want pictures!, LOL! just kidding, I'm sure our frustration doesn't register in the same league with yours!)

{{{{{LABOR VIBES}}}}}}} {{{{{LABOR VIBES}}}}}}}
    Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wow...I didn't know that ever happens. I saw you post on another thread so I came looking for an announcement. ;-) She'll come when she's ready - it's the baby that initiates labor. So I'm sending you fully-cooked baby vibes soon!!!

Did you end up switching hospitals? Sorry about the vampires (as my SF calls bad-blood-drawers).

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Ah!!! I feel for you. This is actually what happened to me. I was on the max dose fo Pitcin for AGES and never dilated. That's how I ended up with a C-section. BUT my water had already broken. There's no reason that this induction experience should mean that you will need a C-section. Just wait until things move along on their own.

Good luck!!!!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I agree! You haven't even hit your due date yet, and it's a normal phenomenon to go two weeks past that. It sounds like she's just not ready yet. Hang in there, hon! I know you must be very frustrated. If she's not in distress and you don't have preeclampsia, there's no reason to do a c-section now. I hope your doctors won't rush you along before your baby and your body are ready. It won't be long!!! Sending you lots of good labor vibes...

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02

Nuh uh! Lil Bit is already showing that she has a little mind of her own... ;-) After all of that Pitocin and contractions at 2 minutes, she has to be on her way soon... She must just be enjoying her cozy living space right now! Sending SUPER labor vibes your way and lots of luck! We can't wait to hear the news!!!

Jamie
    Mommy to Kayla
    5-1-03

McQ is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I couldn't believe when I saw your post in another thread that you were back to the boards already. So sorry that Lil Bit isn't here yet but she'll come when she's good and ready. And you rest up mama!

And Jamie ~ love Kayla's new avatar.

Allison
    ~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

mharling Guest

I saw that you had responded to a thread before I saw this one. I was SO confused for a moment. Then I saw this thread and almost couldn't believe it!

It sounds like you had quite the experience and it certainly wasn't the day you imagined. Look at it this way, she can't stay in there forever!!! Soon, Angela! We'll be thinking about you. :)

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
    http://www.shutterfly.com/osnt.jsp?i...21b356c32425b2 - Halloween Pics!

jmofarrill Guest

I'm so sorry the induction didn't work!

I was induced a week after my due date, and the first day didn't work either. Instead of sending me home, though, we decided to start everything back up the next morning. At 6:00 AM, a nurse turned the drip back on (I was still asleep), and I woke up at 7:00 AM in hard, fast labor. I had Anwyn by 10:00 AM! I hope your second time is successful!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast