Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default How often do you get together with other moms/dads/babies?

My current schedule is Tuesday mornings to Mommy & Me (he's going to be too old for that within a month or so I think) and Thursay mornings playgroup. I frequently can't make it to the playgroup, however, as I sometimes have the car, but more often DH needs it for work (has to go from place to place for meetings sometimes). Today is one of those days, and I'm feeling pretty sad about it.

So I was wondering, how often do you all go out for a specific "baby" activity (other than shopping, errands, etc)
    Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: How often do you get together with other moms/dads/babies?

um, once?

We made it to DC for the BBB zoo get-together. I met a woman at Halloween and we were going to meet up to discuss strollers and let the babies play. Still haven't gotten that scheduled.

shannon
    not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
    trying-to-conceive :)
    PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
    mama to Jack 6/6/03

TaChapm2 Guest

I'm sad to admit that other than getting together with family DS has no other children to play with. We don't have any friends close by with kids and I stay at home with him so he doesn't have much social interaction. I'm going to have to do something soon though. Hopefully we can get a group together in the Austin area for playdates.

Tara
    Mommy to Jackson (11-10-02)

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Once a week, now that we are going to a park district class. Before that, about once a month. Most of the moms around here work and don't want to do weekend playdates, it seems. Plus, I work part time and have to work around my schedule. But there is a group of us that tries to get together at least every 2 months (we're pretty spread out) though we haven't seen each other for a few months with the holidays and all the bugs the babies have had!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

I try to get out at least twice a week with my 2. Our public library offers free storytim/playtime, so we try to go there on Mondays & Thursdays. I don't necesarily know any of the other moms there, but I've gone there enough to recognize them and chit chat with them. A friend from school and I try to get our kids together at least once a month for a playdate, usually at one of our houses. And then every other week, we have playgroup with my multiples club. 1/2 of this stuff is on a "How are we doing this morning" basis and it's definitely a lot easier for us when it's not the dead of winter!!

Bonny
    Mom to Evan & Emma 5/7/02

flagger Guest

Every weekday I meet up with a group of moms and walk at the mall. Once a week there is a play date scheduled at either a Burger King play area or at a park. I am really going to miss them when we move.

We used to go to Gymboree once a week but Jack's nap schedule changed so now we don't go. Seems like all the planned playgroups I know of are right during his morning nap. I don't think we'll do anything on a scheduled basis for quite some time. Most of my friends either don't have kids, or they have kids but work full time. I do try to take him to the library's play area or the play area at the mall at least once every week or two so he can see other kids.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Golly, I don't think I could function without a fix 2-3 times a week! My playgroup meets once a week (Friday in the am). I also usually do a mommy&me type thing with the local park&rec once week. And then I have a couple mommy friends with kiddos about the same age that I lunch with maybe once a week.

I've done library story times and things like that occasionally too when we were "between classes", etc.

HTH,

Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

cchavez is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I thought I was the only one that did not do anything scheduled w/ their baby. I try to get together w/ a friend every few weeks so that our babies can interact or we go walking w/ them if the weather is nice. But their nap schedules seem to conflict quite a bit. We were going to get together yesterday but her babe was going to sleep just as Diego was waking up. I just sent off for information about a MOMS group in my area so I hope to start that soon. Actually, I have about one play date scheduled each week for the next 3 weeks!

A very good friend of mine and I used to get together more frequently w/ our babies but she moved away about 3 months ago. I have no doubt that if she were still here, we would be getting together 2-3 times a week! I miss her!

Diego has always been quite tempermental and I have always been so protective about his nap schedule b/c he is not a good napper. But now that he is older I feel we both need more interaction w/ other people but I don't want to overschedule anything either.

Oh, we still have not used our gift certificate to the baby gym classes yet but I think I will start up w/ the MOMS group first and then start the gym classes later.

mharling Guest

Our playgroup meets on Tuesday afternoons, we're doing Music Together on Thursday mornings and a swim class late Thursday afternoons. Thursday's will be busy, but the times of the activities fall perfectly with his current sleeping patterns. I belong to another playgroup that meets on Friday mornings and play it by ear as to whether we go or not. Most times it's ds's naptime, so we skip it.

http://www.auction-pix.com/katasha/stuff/snowman.gif Mary & Lane 4/6/03

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast