Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    aliceinwonderland Guest

Default Another late pregnancy question...

What excatly does it mean (in terms of timing) to be 70% effaced, but not dilated at all. Those are my "stats" now at 36weeks 3 days. Is that pretty average?? I like to think progress is being made. I really don't want to go past my due date by much...

thanks in adance :)

eri and the bean

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Another late pregnancy question...

The stats will make you crazy! I was dilated to 2 cm, lost my mucous plug, and I can't remember how effaced for 4 weeks before I delivered DS.

Take comfort in that you ARE making progress. What that progress means varies greatly from woman to woman. Hopefully it means you won't be late!

Good luck!
    Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

aliceinwonderland Guest

yea, not much comfort in numbers, eh??

how are you feeling these days, fellow April-mommy :)??

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sounds excellent to me! It's very common for first-time mothers to completely efface before dilating at all. It took me 15 hours of labor, five of which were really tough, to even start dilating-- they were all effacement contractions. Yikes! So the fact that you're almost completely effaced is wonderful. It sounds like things are going perfectly. Hang in there! It's not long now.

PS-- Got your email and will respond later tonight. But I'd love to have coffee!

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02

aliceinwonderland Guest

just got your email :)

wow, you make my measly 70%, 0 cms sound good! I'm excited now... 15 hrs to start dilating, huh?? gruesome...and you did it all naturally...wow again!!

jubilee Guest

As for dilation and effacement, my oB explained it like a turtleneck sweater... the dilation is how big around your neck is, and the effacement is how long the turtleneck is. Right now you are almost a regular crew-neck shirt! LOL :) You are definatly making progress!

mharling Guest

ROTFL!!!! :D

Mary
    Lane 4/6/03

Eri, I can't believe the baby is almost due! Good luck with everything. We will be in California until june, but if you haven't moved by then I would love to see the little guy. This is a very exciting time, enjoy it!

aliceinwonderland Guest

I know: I am so used to my belly now, I can't belive something is actually going to happen in a couple of weeks!!

I'll be in Europe in July,and moving to Philly early August, but will be in Boston the entire month of June...I'd love to show him off :)

thanks,

eri and the bean :)

Not what you want to hear, but I was 70% dialated and 2 cm effaced for 2 weeks...ugh! But she did come 2 weeks early...thank heaven. Hang in there girlfriend...you're almost there! Since you are in the safe zone at over 36 weeks, I'm sending labor vibes your way!

Jamie
    Mommy to Kayla
    5-1-03

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast