Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Is Gymboree worth it?

My DH took DS to a Gymboree class and really liked it. My question is: it worth the money? It's $150 for about 12 weeks/1 class a week. I can't take a daytime class at a local parks & rec (work PT), so we wanted to do something like a play class. Thanks for your help!
    Amy
    Mommy to Spencer 6-4-03

jk3 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default RE: Is Gymboree worth it?

My DS is exactly the same age as yours, (6/3/03!), and We've been taking him to Gymboree since he was about 6 months old. He loves Gymboree-the music, the bubbles, seeing other babies, crawling on the equpment and especially the parachute. Is it essential to his development? Probably not but he is so happy whenever we go that it is completely worht it. He also naps for at leas an hour and a half after each class so he is getting a workout!

The best part of Gymboree is that you can make up any missed classes at another time. I think 2 even roll over to the next session.

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For us, it really, really is. Abigail LOVES it, and it gets us out of the house when the weather is just otherwise prohibitive.

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02

momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I just started doing Gymboree with Kasey and she absolutely loves it - she said it is her favorite place! I think it is worth it!
    -Lauren

vpalmer is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Eva loves her Gymboree play classes. She is practically giddy the entire time we are there! We have been attending for about two months and although it may be a coincidence Eva clapped, crawled a long distance and stood unassisted for the first time at Gymboree. I think it may be that she is having such a great time that she loses her inhibitions, or it may just be a coincidence. :-)

FWIW, I also work and DH and I both take DD to the 6:00 class.

Veronica
    Mom to Eva
    Born on 6-12-03

We don't have a Gymboree, but a MyGym...I'm assuming it's pretty similar. Kayla and I (and DH) LOVE it! We pay $120 for 8 weeks, so I think you're getting a great deal. I thought DH was going to balk at it, so I asked him to go with us...and he said he didn't care how much it cost (something he has NEVER said) because Kayla had soooooo much fun. And I have even more fun watching her!

Jamie
    Mommy to Kayla
    5-1-03

I'm wondering the same thing myself. I just started Logan ay Gymboree last Saturday. I think it will be good for her socially, since she is kind of shy and hangs back in our lap when she is around other kids.

But they combine the GymCrawlers and GymWalkers classes, and there are only 4 babies total in the two classes, so I'm not sure how social it really is. The other older baby is going to move up to the next class, so that leaves Logan and two 8 month old babies.

We also started Kindermusik and I like that better.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

JenCA Guest

We just completed the winter session of GymCrawlers and will start the spring session this Saturday. For us, it's definitely worth the money. My daughter LOVES it and I enjoy taking her to the classes. I look forward to it every week!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I've done free trial classes at Gymboree and never felt it was worth the money. But we have a fabulous park&rec system here that offers terrific classes for 1/3 to 1/2 the price of Gymboree (and also on weekends). If that wasn't an option for me, I would probably do Gymboree occasionally.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

amp Guest

Never thought about that. So they don't mind if both parents come along to the classes? I always figured I'd take DS and DH would just have to hear about it, but I bet he'd love it if we took a class and he could come along!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast