Default Label making machine?

Does anyone have a label maker? I can't remember the names of any, but I'm thinking of asking for one for Christmas. I need something to label shelves, lunch boxes, etc.

Any likes or dislikes about certain types?

TIA!

Default RE: Label making machine?

I have a P-Touch and I love it. Of course I can't find it right now and need to use it but that's another issue.

I can get different sizes and colors of tape for mine and it has symbols (like holiday symbols, happy faces) which is kind of corny but I did use them. I have used it for labeling the obvious stuff like shelves, tupperware type stuff, files, some spices that I filled in clear glass jars, books, gift wrapping that I did with the childs name all over it with labels and he got a kick out of it.

I have never used another kind before so I don't know what features are important but I just know that I am happy with the one I got.

http://www.brother.com/usa/label/wha..._whatsapt.html
    Mom to R and R

Yup. Brother P-Touch.

If you go through either upromise.com or ebates.com, I think you can get rebates/discounts on staples.com.

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

almostamom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Oh, I am a labeling loon! I have labeled just about everything in our house (DH jokes that he should have a label on his head that says "Husband"). I've labeled the kitchen drawers, the baby's drawers, and EVERYTHING in my classroom. I labeled at home so DH would know where to put laundry, dishes, baby stuff away and I wouldn't have to go on an "Easter Egg Hunt" every time I tried to find something. I just have a plain old one from Target, but I know Costco has a nice fancy one! Mine is called a Dymo (www.dymo.com) and it works just fine. Welcome to the labeling world! :)

~Linda~

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My mom has one and LOVES it! She uses it for work and for orgnaizing stuff at home! I think her's is a P-touch too! I think she may have gotten hers at Costco.... if you are a member you should check them out!

~Tondi