Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    octmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default tell me about Bare Escentuals makeup

This makeup has been mentioned a few times lately. I flipped past a presentation on QVC a while ago and it caught my eye. Those of you who use it-- what do you like about it? Which products do you recommend (or not recommend)?

I don't wear a lot of makeup and prefer a pretty natural look, but I find that the little makeup I do put on in the morning wears off and I look like I didn't even bother.

Thanks!

Jerilyn
    DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

This makeup has been mentioned a few times lately. I flipped past a presentation on QVC a while ago and it caught my eye. Those of you who use it-- what do you like about it? Which products do you recommend (or not recommend)?

I don't wear a lot of makeup and prefer a pretty natural look, but I find that the little makeup I do put on in the morning wears off and I look like I didn't even bother.

Thanks!

Jerilyn
    DS, Sean 10/03

Thanks!

Jerilyn
    DS, Sean 10/03

Thanks!

Jerilyn
    DS, Sean 10/03

Thanks!

Jerilyn
    DS, Sean 10/03

Thanks!

Jerilyn
    DS, Sean 10/03

Thanks!

Jerilyn
    DS, Sean 10/03

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: tell me about Bare Escentuals makeup

I use it and I love it! It is very lightweight but I find it lasts a long time. I got the infomercial foundation kit to start with but it's not really necessary. In fact, for daytime use I don't even use the actual foundation! I just use the bisque (concealer) and the mineral veil (finishing powder- awesome stuff!) and I'm good to go face-wise. Ebay is a great place to buy samples and try colors to decide what you like. In fact, all of my eyeshadows are sample sizes from ebay and they last forever! So you don't really need to buy a full-size of those at all. Here's what I have and it isn't running out anytime soon:
    -foundation regular size (The kit came with 2 colors but I ended up being a good match to one so I swapped the other one on a BE message board)
    -mineral veil regular size
    -bisque regular size (it's a small container but I use it every day and it's still over 90% full! This makeup really lasts, a little goes a long way)
    -True all-over color regular size (I use this as blush/bronzer and eyeshadow). The kit came with the "warmth" color but that was too tan/orangey for me so I swapped it for the True on a BE board.
    -a bunch of eyeshadow samples from ebay (I probably have about 10 different colors, mostly neutrals, they are about $3 each). One ebay seller I remember being good was seeka75, she sells a ton of BE samples and stuff.

I'd also recommend the BE brushes, I have the all-over face brush, the concealer brush, and the double ended liner/shadow brush that I use daily, and the kabuki brush is good when you use the actual foundation because it really gives you a good finish. I got a lot of my brushes brand new on ebay. I also have bought a lot of BE from the medi-spa store website, they have the entire BE line at great prices! The only "old" makeup I still use is my lipstick, mascara and I use the liner/shadow brush with a clinique dark brown cake eyeshadow as my eyeliner because it's easier for me to manage than the loose powder for liner purposes.
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

I use it and I love it! It is very lightweight but I find it lasts a long time. I got the infomercial foundation kit to start with but it's not really necessary. In fact, for daytime use I don't even use the actual foundation! I just use the bisque (concealer) and the mineral veil (finishing powder- awesome stuff!) and I'm good to go face-wise. Ebay is a great place to buy samples and try colors to decide what you like. In fact, all of my eyeshadows are sample sizes from ebay and they last forever! So you don't really need to buy a full-size of those at all. Here's what I have and it isn't running out anytime soon:
    -foundation regular size (The kit came with 2 colors but I ended up being a good match to one so I swapped the other one on a BE message board)
    -bisque regular size (it's a small container but I use it every day and it's still over 90% full! This makeup really lasts, a little goes a long way)
    -True all-over color regular size (I use this as blush/bronzer and eyeshadow). The kit came with the "warmth" color but that was too tan/orangey for me so I swapped it for the True on a BE board.
    -a bunch of eyeshadow samples from ebay (I probably have about 10 different colors, mostly neutrals, they are about $3 each). One ebay seller I remember being good was seeka75, she sells a ton of BE samples and stuff.

I'd also recommend the BE brushes, I have the all-over face brush, the concealer brush, and the double ended liner/shadow brush that I use daily, and the kabuki brush is good when you use the actual foundation because it really gives you a good finish. I got a lot of my brushes brand new on ebay. I also have bought a lot of BE from the medi-spa store website, they have the entire BE line at great prices! The only "old" makeup I still use is my lipstick, mascara and I use the liner/shadow brush with a clinique dark brown cake eyeshadow as my eyeliner because it's easier for me to manage than the loose powder for liner purposes.

Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast