Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    sbjf Guest

Default What type of neighborhood do you live in?

Feel free to expand on your neighborhood:

1. How do you like it, is it where you've always envisioned yourself living? If not, what situation might you rather be in?

2. If you live on land/acreage, did you build your home/have it built or did you buy the land with a house already on it?

3. Is this your forever home?

4. What are the pros and cons to your type of neighborhood?

sbjf Guest

1. How do you like it, is it where you've always envisioned yourself living? If not, what situation might you rather be in?

2. If you live on land/acreage, did you build your home/have it built or did you buy the land with a house already on it?

sbjf Guest

sbjf Guest

sbjf Guest

sbjf Guest

sbjf Guest

sbjf Guest

Default RE: What type of neighborhood do you live in?

It is hard to live in this area and not live in a subdivision. Most homes are in one. This is definitely NOT our forever home. We bought this home in 2000 as our first home. It is a great first home at almost 2100 sq feet but we are bursting at the seams. We don't have the room in the areas we want so we will be moving by 2008 (I am hoping sooner!). We want as much square footage as we can afford, four bedrooms with a bonus room and possibly a three car garage. It will most likely be in another subdivision and DH really wants it to be a golf course community.

There are some pros to living in this kind of situation. It is friendly and I know my neighbors, but we can still maintain our privacy. The HOA helps keep the value of our homes with the rules and covenants. The common areas are maintained and look nice. People can't just go and do whatever they want. So it was a pita to get approval for changing the color of our home, but it does stop people from painting their homes awful colors, or allowing people to place junk in their yards. I like that our neighborhood has lots of families so there are kids everywhere. 90% of the Moms in the neighborhood are SAHMs so it is nice to live among people in the same situation that I am in.

The cons are that everyone is friendly. There tends to be some clique-ness (we live in the cul-de-sac). People who live on the main street are clique-y according to location. Not that they are mean but they are definitely more involved in each other's lives. That bothers some but personally, I believe in the saying " you don't s@$! where you eat" so I don't like having my neighbors too much into my personal business. I also hate how picky the HOA has become but I understand why.

I never imagined that I would be living in NC. DH and I assumed that after we were married, we would buy a house in the Danbury, CT area and live there (we are from Southern Westchester county, NY).

Anyway, thanks for reading my novel.... :P
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

Default RE: What type of neighborhood do you live in?

It is hard to live in this area and not live in a subdivision. Most homes are in one. This is definitely NOT our forever home. We bought this home in 2000 as our first home. It is a great first home at almost 2100 sq feet but we are bursting at the seams. We don't have the room in the areas we want so we will be moving by 2008 (I am hoping sooner!). We want as much square footage as we can afford, four bedrooms with a bonus room and possibly a three car garage. It will most likely be in another subdivision and DH really wants it to be a golf course community.

There are some pros to living in this kind of situation. It is friendly and I know my neighbors, but we can still maintain our privacy. The HOA helps keep the value of our homes with the rules and covenants. The common areas are maintained and look nice. People can't just go and do whatever they want. So it was a pita to get approval for changing the color of our home, but it does stop people from painting their homes awful colors, or allowing people to place junk in their yards. I like that our neighborhood has lots of families so there are kids everywhere. 90% of the Moms in the neighborhood are SAHMs so it is nice to live among people in the same situation that I am in.

The cons are that everyone is friendly. There tends to be some clique-ness (we live in the cul-de-sac). People who live on the main street are clique-y according to location. Not that they are mean but they are definitely more involved in each other's lives. That bothers some but personally, I believe in the saying " you don't s@$! where you eat" so I don't like having my neighbors too much into my personal business. I also hate how picky the HOA has become but I understand why.

I never imagined that I would be living in NC. DH and I assumed that after we were married, we would buy a house in the Danbury, CT area and live there (we are from Southern Westchester county, NY).

Anyway, thanks for reading my novel.... :P
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast