Page 52 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
    pittsburghgirl Guest

Default RE: What type of neighborhood do you live in?

We live in an older suburb, traditional neighborhood - mostly brick homes, oak-lined streets.

1. I grew up in a small town, this is the most like my small town as we could get close enough to downtown so DH wouldn't have a nasty commute. I thought I might like to try a more urban setting where we could walk everywhere, but between taxes and schools, it wasn't going to happen.

2. Our house was built in the early 50's - postwar building boom!

3. I don't think this is our forever home, but if we don't have any more children, which unfortunately is likely, it could turn out to be. I'd like more space and DH would like to be closer to his cycling routes.. in order to get both affordably we'd have to be pretty far from downtown.

4. We have awesome neighbors. Lots of social activity, kids playing outside, block parties, that kind of stuff. Our suburb is still a "town" so it has shopping districts, ice rink, pool, etc (the next suburb out doesn't have a pool so people have to join a country club - no thanks.) We can get into the city for the Symphony, Theater, restaurants, etc in about 10 minutes non-rush. The public schools are top-notch.

Marilee
    mommy to James
    http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

pittsburghgirl Guest

We live in an older suburb, traditional neighborhood - mostly brick homes, oak-lined streets.

1. I grew up in a small town, this is the most like my small town as we could get close enough to downtown so DH wouldn't have a nasty commute. I thought I might like to try a more urban setting where we could walk everywhere, but between taxes and schools, it wasn't going to happen.

3. I don't think this is our forever home, but if we don't have any more children, which unfortunately is likely, it could turn out to be. I'd like more space and DH would like to be closer to his cycling routes.. in order to get both affordably we'd have to be pretty far from downtown.

4. We have awesome neighbors. Lots of social activity, kids playing outside, block parties, that kind of stuff. Our suburb is still a "town" so it has shopping districts, ice rink, pool, etc (the next suburb out doesn't have a pool so people have to join a country club - no thanks.) We can get into the city for the Symphony, Theater, restaurants, etc in about 10 minutes non-rush. The public schools are top-notch.

Marilee
    mommy to James

pittsburghgirl Guest

Marilee
    mommy to James

pittsburghgirl Guest

Marilee
    mommy to James

pittsburghgirl Guest

Marilee
    mommy to James

pittsburghgirl Guest

Marilee
    mommy to James

pittsburghgirl Guest

Marilee
    mommy to James

pittsburghgirl Guest

Marilee
    mommy to James

pittsburghgirl Guest

Marilee
    mommy to James

pittsburghgirl Guest

Marilee
    mommy to James

Page 52 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast