Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    papal Guest

Default Saturday at the retreat - BBQ and Balloons (pics included).

Hi everyone,
    I am taking a break at home before meeting up with the remaining retreaters at Neve's parents place this evening.
    I thought I would post pics from yesterday.
    Saturday we had a BBQ in the afternoon. Allison (McQ) was the principal organizer and did a fabulous job along with all her helpers who grilled, brought sidedishes and desserts and plates and everything else.

We had at leat 30 families at the BBQ and it was a gorgeous day. I hope someone can come up with a better description but it was so awesome meeting everyone IRL... you know? I mean, I felt like i KNEW everyone already, but to be able to see them and talk to them and give them a hug was just fabulous.

Later the same afternoon, Cindy (cinrein) organized a balloon release to remember precious baby Leah. A way for all of us to come together and say farewell. Thank you Beth, Adam and Sarah for coming.. honestly, this was the most 'central' thing in the retreat for me. It just brought home the fact, that regardless of our differences, we are all the same, we are a community and we are all moms and dads and our children are what brings us together.. not our 'stuff' or our parenting styles. We formed a large circle and read out a poem together and then we all released our white balloons and cried. I am getting a lump in my throat as I type this.. so let me end for now and share some pictures.

papal Guest

Hi everyone,
    I am taking a break at home before meeting up with the remaining retreaters at Neve's parents place this evening.
    Saturday we had a BBQ in the afternoon. Allison (McQ) was the principal organizer and did a fabulous job along with all her helpers who grilled, brought sidedishes and desserts and plates and everything else.

We had at leat 30 families at the BBQ and it was a gorgeous day. I hope someone can come up with a better description but it was so awesome meeting everyone IRL... you know? I mean, I felt like i KNEW everyone already, but to be able to see them and talk to them and give them a hug was just fabulous.

Later the same afternoon, Cindy (cinrein) organized a balloon release to remember precious baby Leah. A way for all of us to come together and say farewell. Thank you Beth, Adam and Sarah for coming.. honestly, this was the most 'central' thing in the retreat for me. It just brought home the fact, that regardless of our differences, we are all the same, we are a community and we are all moms and dads and our children are what brings us together.. not our 'stuff' or our parenting styles. We formed a large circle and read out a poem together and then we all released our white balloons and cried. I am getting a lump in my throat as I type this.. so let me end for now and share some pictures.

papal Guest

Hi everyone,

papal Guest

Hi everyone,

papal Guest

Hi everyone,

papal Guest

Hi everyone,

papal Guest

Hi everyone,

papal Guest

Hi everyone,

papal Guest

Hi everyone,

papal Guest

Hi everyone,

Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast