Page 127 of 137 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1365

Default contrary to popular belief,

Erik is not named after me. Of course, when we chose the name, I was aware people would think that, and this did not bother us, because after all men name their offspring after themselves all the time, why shouldn't women be able to?

Basically, DH was fine with my girl name (Katja Adele), but hated all of my boy names. I wanted strong, European-type names that went well with his very german last name and my foreign last name too. My suggestions were Luka, Oscar, Victor, etc. We had Jon on our list for a long time (after a sea in the Mediterranean), but that was too short for me, so we somehow settled on Erik.

Erik is not named after me. Of course, when we chose the name, I was aware people would think that, and this did not bother us, because after all men name their offspring after themselves all the time, why shouldn't women be able to?

Basically, DH was fine with my girl name (Katja Adele), but hated all of my boy names. I wanted strong, European-type names that went well with his very german last name and my foreign last name too. My suggestions were Luka, Oscar, Victor, etc. We had Jon on our list for a long time (after a sea in the Mediterranean), but that was too short for me, so we somehow settled on Erik.

Default RE: How did you choose your child's name?

Embarrased to admit...

From the TV show, ALIAS.

Okay, not totally from the show but...DH and I just wrote random names on a pad and if either of us was strongly against it, it came off the list. Needless to say it was a short list. Because our last name is only one syllable, we had to make sure the first name was at least two. We had a few names but ended up with Sdney because we both liked it and knew no one else with that same name (who knew it was like a Top Ten Name as documented by Social Security). And then the Alias link was the final push over the edge because I thought Sydney Bristol represnted super girl power.

Her middle name is Chinese and picked by my FIL. It's Hui-Ci and means loosely translated means unconditional love.

We love the name but our parents have a hard time with it. Sydney just so happens to have a lisp right now and I can't help but wonder if it's because both of her grandparents sound like they are saying Cindy (Brady).

*sigh*

Vivian
    Mom to Sydney (4/24/03)
    www.sydneylin.cjb.net (updated 5/21/04 but major overhaul coming soon!)

Page 127 of 137 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 ... LastLast