Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74
    Vajrastorm Guest

Default RE: Very curious about IUD's that are so popular now

I have the Mirena.

I *love* it.

I was terrified of IUDs before having dd. I used to tease a friend of mine about the UFO in her uterus. Then after dd was born I was even MORE afraid of getting pregnat. :P I can't tolerate BCP or other hormonal methods. While the Mirena does have hormones, they are released directly into the uterus and so they don't have the same system wide effects.

I spotted on and off for a month after insertion. It was mildly annoying but not a problem. I am one of the lucky people not having periods - I do get some very mild spotting as a period once in a blue moon, but it is a pantyliner level of spotting.

I also liked that the Mirena helps prevent fertilization as well as implantation.

The insertion was unpleasant, but I'll happily take one uncomfortable afternoon in exchange for 5 years of worry free sex.

Vajrastorm Guest

I have the Mirena.

I *love* it.

I was terrified of IUDs before having dd. I used to tease a friend of mine about the UFO in her uterus. Then after dd was born I was even MORE afraid of getting pregnat. :P I can't tolerate BCP or other hormonal methods. While the Mirena does have hormones, they are released directly into the uterus and so they don't have the same system wide effects.

I spotted on and off for a month after insertion. It was mildly annoying but not a problem. I am one of the lucky people not having periods - I do get some very mild spotting as a period once in a blue moon, but it is a pantyliner level of spotting.

I also liked that the Mirena helps prevent fertilization as well as implantation.

The insertion was unpleasant, but I'll happily take one uncomfortable afternoon in exchange for 5 years of worry free sex.

Vajrastorm Guest

I have the Mirena.

I *love* it.

Vajrastorm Guest

I have the Mirena.

I *love* it.

Vajrastorm Guest

I have the Mirena.

I *love* it.

Vajrastorm Guest

I have the Mirena.

I *love* it.

Vajrastorm Guest

I have the Mirena.

I *love* it.

Vajrastorm Guest

I have the Mirena.

I *love* it.

Vajrastorm Guest

I have the Mirena.

I *love* it.

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74