Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Default How many words does your 20 month old say?

I never thought DS was that far behind in talking but after reading the message board this morning I'm interested how he compares to other kids his age. He only uses a couple of words (less than 5). He understands most of what we say and seems shy about trying new words. Sometimes he will just mouth it silently. If I ask him if he can say something he will look like he tries and then shake his head no. I'm hoping he is one of those kids who make sure they can say it properly first and surprise me one day with full sentences.

I never thought DS was that far behind in talking but after reading the message board this morning I'm interested how he compares to other kids his age. He only uses a couple of words (less than 5). He understands most of what we say and seems shy about trying new words. Sometimes he will just mouth it silently. If I ask him if he can say something he will look like he tries and then shake his head no. I'm hoping he is one of those kids who make sure they can say it properly first and surprise me one day with full sentences.

Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast