Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mamamayi Guest

Default RE: Cat behavior problems ... sigh

I'm a cat lover too, so I can really relate. My best friend's cat had this same problem and it turned out to be a urinary tract infection. Her cat would pee on their clothes and on her DH's side of the bed (but not hers!). Her DH was not a cat lover and I think the cat knew that -- though the problem went away when the infection was treated.

I hope all goes well and that you are able to find a good solution that doesn't involve finding a new home for your cat.

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Try adding a second litterbox, preferably near the area where she is now peeing.

Our cat has had peeing problems for a few years on and off and we finally added a 2nd litterbox. It worked for us, he pees in the new litterbox now, but never in the old one. The new one is 3 feet from the old one and he has a definite preference for the new one -- who knows why, but it worked!

Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

michlyn is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We're having the same problem with one of our cats ever since DD was born. He's been peeing to make a statement, and often it's on DD's things. :-( I've had this cat for 10 years, but we're sick of cat pee stench and cleanup. He's going to the vet tomorrow, but if we rule out the physical causes, he's going to foster care. Good luck - keep us posted
    Mom to 3 miracles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2