Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Corn on the Cob: is there a 'correct' way to eat it?

I eat it around instead of in long row. Always have and always will! DH eats in long rows, as does DS. DD had her first ear this weekend and she holds it by one end up and down and just attacks wherever she can!!

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
    Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

I must be a freak - I start in the middle and rotate it!

Great, now everyone is going to make fun of me ;)

Linda

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040428/1/5/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm mentally pointing my finger at you and laughing. :P

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
    Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

Barbara, I'm a TP OVER the roll person too! Have you ever noticed that designs on TP are printed so that they are upright this way? DH is an under-TPer and ever since I pointed this out to him, he has deferred to me on this issue (although, he still refuses to admit he's wrong, LOL!)

To the OP: I think I'm weird about my corn on the cob. I LOVE the taste of it (so much better than frozen corn!), but I can't stand to get those little strings stuck in my teeth. So... I usually cut the corn off the cob with a knife and eat it with a fork/spoon. I love it this way - great flavor but much less mess (melted butter dripping off the elbows, butter smeared from ear-to-ear, strings in my teeth which are so hard to dig out gracefully, LOL!). So, no, I don't think there is a correct way to do it, other than to do it however you prefer it!

Erica, mama to Lucas Owen 1/11/05, Finn William 2/22/08 and Ethan James 2/10/10

lol!

so i guess i'm not the only one that goes around 'fixing' tp so it is 'over' instead of under. ;)

i eat corn all the way across, the turn and start again. :) just like a typewriter. no bells though :P

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

Thank you, thank you. Just last night we had corn while visiting my parents. My entire family made such a big deal out of the fact that my cob is completely clean when done. Now I know I am not alone!
    Susan

Thatcher Bennett 9/01
    Ava Grace 9/07

Boo-hoo!

;)

Linda

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040428/1/5/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

papal Guest

I eat it around and dh eats it across (like a typewriter). I like eating it around because if I loose interest, I can still cut off half and give it to him and the whole corn is not tainted. heehee.

However, I am not loving the corn that is boiled or steamed. We always had them cooked on hot coals in India. The corn-man used to bring his cart with lots of corn and hot coals and we got to pick our corn. He would then place it over hot coals, fan it and turn it till it was evenly cooked. Then, and this is the best part, he would dip a sliced lime in a mix of salt and cayenne powder and squeeze that over the whole corn. Yummmmmmmmmmy. Waaaah... i want to go home!!!

zuzu is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Usually we either go the typewrite route, or cut if off the cob.

Rashmi - You must have some of DH's yummy grilled corn one of these days. We've even seasoned it with the same ingredients you describe. (Maybe not quite as good as home, but pretty good.) It's the only way we eat it these days, and leftovers are great cut off the cob and mixed in with red onion, tomatoes and chopped basil.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2