Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    kedss is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Suggestions to get labor going?

After an office visit where we were informed I was at 1cm, we went shopping at Lowe's, maybe all those power tools got him kickstarted!

Good luck!
    :)

Kate
    mom to C, 12/03, H, 06/08 and R, 4/11

"When a woman says "What?" It's not because she didn't hear you. Its because she's giving you a chance to change what you said." ~Author Unknown(posting on FB)

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller

ribbit1019 Guest

Yes! Ack, that would have really made me sick. And here I have been trying to be more careful with my spelling, whoops!!

Christy
    "My Mommy" to Maddy born 06/09/04
    http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
    and soon to Little Man due 03/02/06
    http://bd.lilypie.com/cKLom4/.png

Join the BBB Preggo Pals!!
    http://s14.invisionfree.com/BBB_Preg...act=Reg&CODE=0

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Mum made me walk everywhere but DS still wasn't making an appearance. Finally, it was Christmas Eve and I was sitting on the chaise watching Good Morning Vietnam - it's Dad's favourite movie - and maybe I laughed too much. My waters broke and DS was born 10 hours later. Dad had said that Santa was bringing DS in his sack, and he was right. DS was born Christmas morning and after he was cleaned up the nurses gave him to me in a big christmas stocking.

So go rent a comedy and laugh until your sides hurt.

Nicci

ykc Guest

Well, neither of my kids were born until I was induced (#1 was 10 days late; with #2, I walked around 5 cm dilated for a week or so). So I have no personal experience to help you.

But, in addition to what the PPs posted, I have heard that pizza and a beer can help things along. Actually, it's the tomatoes, which have arachadonic acid, which converts to a prostaglandin (if I recall my biochemistry correctly!), that are supposed to induce labour. Not sure what the beer is supposed to do except relax you. But Scalini's eggplant parmesan sounds yummier, if more time-consuming!

Sending labour vibes your way!

tarabenet is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Ah! So that explains the magic effect of the "special sauce" they used to serve at a restaurant in my town! It was widely know that "The Red Tomato" was the place to go; many women claimed their special tomato sauce had sent them to the hospital within hours. I wish I knew where to get the recipe for you!

VClute is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Oh, Jessica! No words of wisdom here (nothing worked but time) but I wanted to let you know I feel your pain! I was in tears for two days because I was SO TIRED of being pregnant. It's an amazing system. You're so tired and eager to meet baby, you don't have anything left to fear when labor starts. I, by the way, was due on 2/2 and baby arrived 2/14. I promise, it WILL happen. In the meantime, walk and enjoy some quiet time. (Though you won't know how precious that is until later.)

SENDING LABOR VIBES!

Amy in NC
    mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05

No tips to share, just wanted to commiserate since I am in the same situation! Two days past my due date, I was 1cm dilated a month ago and am 2 cms now, been having a few contractions on and off but DD seems too comfy to come out! I, however, am much too uncomfortable to want her to stay inside! :) I've been trying to figure out how to get things moving too, because I really don't want to be induced. Has your Dr told you how long they'll let you go before inducing? Mine won't let me go past 41 weeks...I hope within a few days we're both posting birth stories and holding our babies! GL!

Allison
    EDD 10-30-05 It's a girl!

jennifer_r is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Suggestions to get labor going?/ Allison how are you doing?

First,no suggestions here! Infact, I am not the person to talk to! DS was 4 days late, DD ten and now I am waiting for this baby to come - and it's supposed to be faster w/each baby but not in my case!

Second, Allison, I've been thinking of you since we're due the same day. Hopefully, it will happen real soon for both of us or maybe it has happened to you already!

Jennifer

Mom to:
    Christopher 12/29/89
    Adelaide 8/23/04
    And another DD arriving end of October!

Default I was wondering about you too, Jennifer...

I hadn't seen you on the boards and was wondering if you already delivered! DD is still holding on, I'm dilated to 3cm now and 70% effaced and contractions are happening...just not consistently or persistently. *Sigh* I never really considered a November baby :) My Dr scheduled me for induction Monday so I'm really hoping to go into labor before then as induction is *not* what I wanted. Hope your pregnancy finishes well and we both have little DDs soon! :)

Allison
    EDD 10-30-05 It's a girl!

Default RE: I was wondering about you too, Jennifer...

Thanks, everyone, for your input!

Allison and Jennifer...looks like we're all still in the same boat together. Hope you're both faring well!

I'm one week past due today. Went for a sonogram this morning at the hospital. Fluids are fine, so I escaped talk of induction for today. Baby is VERY low, which explains why I'm having such difficulty walking. Baby is also apparently 9 pounds! I know that these weight estimates are frequently inaccurate, but...

Allison, I'm sending good labor vibes your way. May you not make it to induction on Monday! I'm sorry that your doctor only waits one week...mine will go to two weeks, as long as the baby's doing ok. I'm sure I couldn't do it, but my doula told me that I do have a right to say no to induction. Is there any room for discussion with your doctor?

I don't know whether I've moved past 1 cm, and the monitor didn't pick up any contractions today, but I do feel as though I'm having the worst menstrual cramps I've ever had! And I'm tired. Just bone tired. I'm hoping these are good signs.

Good luck, ladies! May there be healthy new babies within the next few days!

Jessica

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast