Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    bcky2 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default favorite christmas movie, please share!

i was just wondering tonight what different movies we all like to watch during the holiday season. here are mine:

a christmas never goes by without seeing A Christmas Carol and Its A Wonderful Life.

the movie that tops the charts for me is National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. that is a must see for some good laughs :)

i would love to see what every one else likes!
    Becky, mom to hootie and nugget.

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

smallestangel Guest

Default RE: favorite christmas movie, please share!

A Christmas Story. It's a classic in our house and we watch it every year.

"You'll shoot your eye out!" :)

Amanda

ribbit1019 Guest

DH loves A Christmas Story. Sadly, I don't see the charm in it that he and others do. It is based in Cleveland too, you would think that would inspire me to love it. They are renovating the house and turning it into a museum, cracks me up.

I personally can't do without It's a Wonderful Life and the claymation oldies but goodies "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" and "Santa Claus is coming to Town" I love the Muppets rendition of A Christmas Carol and of course "It's Christmas Charlie Brown" and "Frosty the Snowman"

Christy
    "My Mommy" to Maddy born 06/09/04
    http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
    and soon to Little Man due 03/02/06
    http://bd.lilypie.com/cKLom4/.png

Join the BBB Preggo Pals!!
    http://s14.invisionfree.com/BBB_Preg...act=Reg&CODE=0

bcky2 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

ok, i am not able to watch that movie due to my sister playing it nonstop 3 years in a row (if not more) on thanksgiving day. but i do really want to get a pair of bunny pjs for my boys ;)
    Becky, mom to hootie and nugget.

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Holiday Inn! It's my all-time favorite movie! it's where the song "White Christmas" was first seen/heard. we own this movie and watch it throughout the year. I guess it is a little obscure because no one ever knows this movie when i talk about it.

Amazon summary:
    Holiday Inn
    This perennial, Christmas-season favorite from 1942 teamed Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire as entertainers (and rival suitors of Marjorie Reynolds) running an inn that is only open on holidays. It's a great excuse for lots of singing and dancing, seamlessly wrapped in a catchy story, and Astaire's frequent director Mark Sandrich (Top Hat, Shall We Dance) doesn't let us down. The Irving Berlin numbers (each one connected to a different holiday) are winners, with Crosby's warm performance of "White Christmas" a movie touchstone.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...s=dvd&v=glance

The movie White Christmas is supposed to be a loose remake of Holiday Inn (but isn't even close to the same story IMO).

I also love the movies White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street (the original with Edmund Gwynn and Maureen O'Hara) and Going My Way (which actually comes on the Holiday Inn DVD), and make sure i see these movies every year. I used to include It's a Wonderful Life in that list, but I'm over it.

Can you tell we like old movies at my house? LOL!

Anne + DD 10-03

p.s. in case anyone is interested, the Family Channel is having their annual 25 Days of Christmas, where they are show many of the old animated classics like The Year Without a Santa Claus, the Drummer Boy, Santa Claus is Coiming to Town, and various other Holiday shows. Fire up the TiVo!
    http://abcfamily.go.com/25days/schedule.html

Anybody seen the movie All Mine to Give? I know it is a totally unlikely Christmas movie but my mom and I would watch it and cry, cry and cry. It's about a family in which the mom and dad die and the oldest child has to find homes for the remaining 6 kids on Christmas day. Oh, my, I have never cried so hard!

I love, love, love the newer version of Miracle on 34th Street. It's one of my most favorite movies. I have the VHS, and have watched it so many times it's nearly broken. I did catch it on HBO earlier this month, though. The parade, the "real santa," the shopping wars, the doubtful mom and handsome lawyer, the adorable little girl who is wise beyond her years...and that fantasy Christmas house w/ the surprise marriage and a "pregnancy" to boot! It's too much...love it!

Larissa
    who's gettin in the holiday mood

"Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them." -
    James Baldwin

>DH loves A Christmas Story. Sadly, I don't see the charm in it that he and others do.

I'm with you, Christy! My parents think that movie is the best thing ever, but I have never understood why. :( I was also subjected to way too many viewings of It's a Wonderful Life when I was young, so`I'm kind of tired of that one.

I love, love, love White Christmas. I really enjoy old movies to begin with, but that is one of my all time favorites. I think this year I may have to cave and buy the DVD. :)

Sarah

s7714 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I'm a huge fan of A Christmas Carol...any and every version! I also like The Christmas Story a lot, but refuse to see it more than once a year now, because I got sick of it when TNT was running their 24 hour marathon of it a couple years ago.

My other favs would be: How the Grinch Stole Christmas (animated and live action), Little Women (not too Christmas-ish I know, but it puts me in the spirit for some reason), and Miracle on 34th Street. One of DHs favorites is Nightmare Before Christmas.

Jennifer
    Mommy to
    Annalia 3/03
    Sophia 6/05

When raising kids the days are oh so long, but the years are short.--John Leguizamo

tarabenet is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

All-time favorite has to be "White Christmas" -- if for nothing else, just for one special song: "When I get worried, and I can't sleep, I count my blessings instead of sheep, and I fall asleep counting my blessings." Singing that song to myself has gotten me through some dark times. Also the two versions of "Sisters" in the movie just crack me up, and I don't even know why.

I also love the animated oldies like "Rudolph" and "Frosty" and "The Grinch". And Ralphie in "Christmas Story" is the perfect duplicate of my little brother, from the glasses to the desperate wish for that special BB gun, so that one makes me howl.

My new-timey favorite is "Elf". It is the first movie that ever made me like Will Farrell. He does such a great job of capturing childlike innocence. It makes me smile even when I don't want to.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast