Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    kedss is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: favorite christmas movie, please share!

I think my favorite is 'The Ref' with Denis Leary, Judy Davis and Kevin Spacey! Leary plays a thief who tried to rob this house, ends up holding Davis and Spacey hostage in their house... on Christmas Eve! Of course the couple is close to divorce, their family is on their way for Christmas, etc, etc. Very funny!

I also love A Charlie Brown Christmas, and the animated oldies. :)
    And a White Christmas, of course, and I have sat through manby marathons of A Christmas Story, i love the scene when the dad wins his 'Fragile' prize!(and the scene when his wife breaks it accidentally on purpose!) LOL

Kate
    mom to C, 12/03, H, 06/08 and R, 4/11

"When a woman says "What?" It's not because she didn't hear you. Its because she's giving you a chance to change what you said." ~Author Unknown(posting on FB)

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller

Mine are two of the classics: Miracle on 34th St. (the original) and It's a Wonderful Life.

I know some people get tired of them, especially It's a Wonderful Life because it's been seen so much, but I have to watch both of these movies every year or it doesn't seem like Christmas to me.

I cry at It's a Wonderful Life every year when the whole town turns up to give George money...it's just such a wonderful story about how an ordinary guy makes such a difference in so many lives....I'm getting teary right now just thinking about it. :)

And Miracle on 34th St. with the skeptical mother and daughter ultimately beleiveing in Santa Claus....it's great.

I also love all the classic "kid" specials too. DS is still a little young, but I can't wait to start watching these with him.

Finally, I really like an obscure Bob Hope movie too...The Lemon Drop kid. Silver Bells is featured in this movie. Haven't seen it in a while...hmm...maybe I need to search it out this year.
    Julie
    SAHM Mom to Ryan (who just happens to have Prader-Willi Syndrome) 2/04
    www.pwsausa.org - Still Hungry For a Cure

octmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Along with many of the movies and specials listed above, I am a fan of Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas. It's a Jim Henson special. A few year ago, it was released on VHS and I got two copies for Christmas. I think I need to get it on DVD now. :)

Jerilyn
    DS, Sean 10/03
    expecting #2! EDD April 1, 2006, but anticipating a C/S in March
    Just found out-- IT'S A GIRL!!! :)

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Holiday Inn and White Christmas are my favorites. I have White Christmas on DVD, so I definitely see it every year (just watched it Friday night, too). I need to get Holiday Inn on DVD.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

White Christmas is my favorite.

And the Charlie Brown Christmas is my favorite kid movie. Oh and the Veggie Tales The Toy that Saved Christmas.
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

bcky2 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default another cute one

it is a kids movie but my boys love it and so did my sisters boys. it is called The Tangerine Bear. my mom found the movie and my boys will watch it over and over. really cute christmas movie :)
    Becky, mom to hootie and nugget.

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

muskiesusan is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I love the Bells of St Mary with Bing Crosby & Ingrid Bergman, although I never seem to catch it when it's on!

Add me to the list of those who doesn't get the appeal of A Christmas Story.

Susan
    Mom to Nick 10/01
    & Alex 04/04

I saw Holiday Inn the year that I was pg. I just came across it one Sunday morning on AMC and just loved it! I hope I catch it this year too, because it was really good.

Cleo
    Proud mom of DD, age 11

BillK is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase and Randy Quaid of course! :)
    ~Bill

bcky2 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

best scene is where chevy chase says to everyone trying to leave "and when santa squeezes his fat white a#* down the chimney tonight he is going to find the jolliest bunch of a#*holes this side of the nuthouse" i die every time i see that part. tv doesnt play that part but i think that my dvd is worn out at that scene :)
    Becky, mom to hootie and nugget.

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast