Java is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default Single cup coffee makers

Anyone have one that they love?

I can't decide between getting one with the pods or not. I hate having to clean up afterwards but what if I don't like the taste of the pods? any good tasting pods out there?

Any recommendations would be greatly apprecieated!

Sillygirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Single cup coffee makers

Not a coffee drinker here but I had to scramble during my mom's recent visit when she went into caffeine withdrawal. Have you tried the single cup bags that brew in the cup, like teabags? Folger's makes them. My husband and mom both really liked them. I'm a counter space miser, so I was happy to have a non-appliance option for brewed coffee.
    Katie, Mom to two boys
    Retraining my dopamine circuits thanks to David Kessler, MD.
    Jonathan: Halloween 2004
    Alex: A smidge past Groundhog Day 2007

ribbit1019 Guest

Default Looking for one too.

I am looking for the same thing, but that ALSO has a timer. Does such a thing exist? Can't seem to find one online.

Christy
    Co-Owner Ribbit Baby
    Maddy born 6/09/04
    http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
    Little Man due 3/02/06
    http://bd.lilypie.com/cKLom4/.png

"Buddy the Elf! What's your favorite color?"

janettadine Guest

I have this one from Gevalia: http://www.gevalia.com/Gevalia/catal...roduct_id=2154 and I really like it. I considered getting a pod brewer, but I only drink decaf, so my coffee choices were limited at that time. This pot doesn't need filters, you just clean out the permanent filter each time. Unfortunately for the pp, it doesn't have a timer.

Janet

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I bought this one for DH last Christmas and he still loves it. I don't drink coffee, but he's pretty picky and he still likes the coffees and teas he's made with it. He's tried just about every type of coffee pod out there (it's good to have a hobby! :) ), they all seem to work with it. I bought it last year as part of a special promotion that LNT was having where you buy the 9-pack of coffees/teas and get the machine free. They did it again during the summer. Other stores (including JC Penney) were offering the same deal last year, but I don't see it right now. No timer, though.
    http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1351584

Traci
    ~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
    Agency paperwork completed - waiting for #2!

tarabenet is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I, too, am a non-coffee-drinker with a java fiend of a DH, so I've learned a little in spite of myself. DH loves using a French Press to brew up 1 or 2 cups. He uses a grinder, so he is free to use any flavors of beans that he likes. He can control a lot about the flavor and strength by how fine he grinds the beans. He also loves his Vietnamese coffee drip, but it makes very strong "dessert" coffee.

Java is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Tracy - so this machine accepts all kinds of pods? I was under the impression that each machine only took "their" pod so this is a real bonus if I can pick and choose pods.

Benet - I have a coffee press and I'm the laziest person in the world so I rarely use it bc cleaning the mesh is a PITA (granted a 3 minute PITA, but still a PITA! :) ) And I LOVE the Vietnamese coffees - I grew up on that stuff.