Default Video cameras? (Particularly Panasonic PV-GS35)

Hello,

My dad has generously offered to buy us a video camera for Christmas if we are interested. I guess I am just wondering if it is worth it. I just don't know how much we would use it.

To those who have them, do you find that you use them a lot? What kind do you have and recommend? DH seems to think the Panasonic PV-GS35 is a good model for a good price.

thanks!

Cleo
    Proud mom of DD, age 11

BillK is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Video cameras? (Particularly Panasonic PV-GS35)

The Panasonic PV-GS150, 250 and 400 are better choices - and iirc the 150 is not much different pricewise than the 35 - much better low light performance from the 150, 250 & 400 what I've read - the 250 and 400 give you Optical Image Stabilization - which does a much better job than digital image stabilization that's on the 150 and lower model Panasonics.

Personally I have a Canon Optura 40 and it's a great lil camera (replaced now by the Optura 50 and 60).

edit: honestly - no we don't use ours as much as I thought we would but then again Zach is only 10mo. old now - once we start going to the zoo and so forth I'm sure we'll use it more - but for now it's mostly digital camera work.
    ~Bill

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Video cameras? (Particularly Panasonic PV-GS35)

DH and I bought the PV-GS35 in September. I am the one who has used it the most, and basically just point and shoot type work. It is very easy to use, nice weight. I really can't say much more about it than that, as I haven't had the opportunity to really sit down and play with it.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?