Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    tarynsmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default She is NOT playing with blocks again

*sigh*

You may recall a couple weeks ago, my post about DD's first bruise, after falling on her blocks (they're actually the shapes from a shape-sorter, and that time she fell on the lid). Well, tonight DH was playing with DD in the family room while I was cleaning up dinner... I hear "THUMP... WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!" and then DH saying "Oh, I wasn't fast enough, I'm sorry, baby!"

She fell. Again. On the block. Only this time is was the circle block (which is actually a cylinder ;)), and was about a centimeter from her eye :(. So she has this half-circle raised red mark next to her eye :(. Hopefully it won't bruise, and thank goodness it was a little bit off, or we'd be in the ER right now :(

I know it's not a big deal, that kids fall all the time and she'll have lots of bumps and bruises as she starts walking and whatnot, but geez! C'mon now!

Well, thanks for listening :)
    Heather, mommy to Taryn, January 16, 2006. And Baby Asher! Born February 25, 2009.

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician in Pittsburgh PA.

Interested in wearing your baby in the Pittsburgh Area? Check out Pittsburgh Babywearers at www.pittsburghbabywearers.com!

jayali Guest

Default RE: She is NOT playing with blocks again

Heather,

Am sorry that your baby has an bruise. I remember when Matthew was just about six months old he fell off of the changing table (while I was standing right next to him and holding him) and got a cut right by his eye (great first Christmas pictures!). Then when that cut healed he fell off the bed (again while I was right there and holding him) and got a cut in almost the exact same spot. I was so freaked out that I was afraid to be alone with him the next day. Now he bumps his head and falls and I say "you're OK, shake it off" sometimes without even looking for a bruise. Said to say but we do harden up as the years and bruises pass!!

Heather,
    Put those darn blocks away LOL....
    I hope she doesn't get a bruise.

Heidi
    Mom to Jillian 10/20/05

DD (DC #2) is a monkey and is constantly climbing up on things and doesn't look where she is going and runs smack into doors, table edges, you name it. Thank God she is #2. I just pick her up and give her a hug or do the "you're fine" thing. You will live through this stage--and so will she. You could pin a sign on her that says "My parents love me, they don't beat me." :-)
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Default The next morning...

Well, she scared the crap out of me, because she slept through the night (down at 7:15, up at 9:30 to nurse, then not again until 7:30 this morning). She usually gets up about twice a night (or more), so I was all freaked out. She woke up fine, on her own and everything, just playing, so I'm guessing she's OK.

There's no bruise, although the spot right next to her eye is a little red still, and the tiniest bit swollen (not enough for anyone else to tell, since her cheeks are so chubby, but I can).

So, I was expecting a shiner or something, so whew!
    Heather, mommy to Taryn, January 16, 2006. And Baby Asher! Born February 25, 2009.

Interested in wearing your baby in the Pittsburgh Area? Check out Pittsburgh Babywearers at www.pittsburghbabywearers.com!

scoop22 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

i was actually thinking of you and your old post.. ds has a bruise (i have no clue how he got it.. grrrrrrrrrrr) on his cheek. it has been there for over a week. what was it that they recommended for bruises? did you buy it? did it work?

i am sorry your dd has another mark from those silly blocks. she must really like them though. at least she gave you a good night sleep. i am sure she is good to go for the day. have a good one.

http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sorry that happened to DD, I hope the bruise gets better soon! I had a similar concern with DD and her shape sorter, she fell on it once and the edge was, like, a half inch from her eye. That is my biggest concern with getting wooden vs plastic toys, you tend to get hurt more on the wooden toys. I'd love to hear what the other moms do with this!
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

I went to daycare to pick DD up to take her to her 1-year well-baby appointment. I find frazzled carer holding ice to a blue bump on her head ("She face-planted into the furniture!") and very apologetic. I take bruised baby off to doctor thinking "Oh, great, now I look like careless abusive mother." Doctor looks at big blue knot next to DD's eye and says "Looks like you have a healthy, active toddler there. Been to the emergency room yet? No? You're doing GREAT, mama. Expect a lot more bruises. Try to avoid the emergency room if you can, but don't fret too much if it happens. An active toddler will fall down a lot, that's how they learn."

arnica, I think it was. I ended up not using it on DD, because it cleared up before I could get back to Whole Foods, but I got some and used it on myself (I bruise really easily), and it's worked nicely, I think.

>Sorry that happened to DD, I hope the bruise gets better
    >soon! I had a similar concern with DD and her shape sorter,
    >she fell on it once and the edge was, like, a half inch from
    >her eye. That is my biggest concern with getting wooden vs
    >plastic toys, you tend to get hurt more on the wooden toys.
    >I'd love to hear what the other moms do with this!

You can get a cloth shape sorter if you are concerned you DC will hurt him/herself with a plastic or wooden one.
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast