Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    euno is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

i hated the bulb .. i got a nosefrida from amazon.com it's a bit pricey at $20 but worth every penny for all the boogers i was able to get out. it's extremely efficient and works like a miracle when you pair it with the saline drops. you are basically able to suck out all the snot from baby's nose and dno't have to worry about ingesting them yourself

Quote Originally Posted by veronica
    If you don't feel comfortable with the bulb syringe, my pediatrician took a tissue and pulled at the center section and twisted it so it made a little point. Insert into nose and turn in a circle. Works like a charm every time, DC won't mind if you do it quickly and there is no risk of poking like with a q-tip.
    We usually do something similar with a soft cloth. Twist a corner and then insert it into the nostril. It usually tickles a bit and causes them to sneeze. If that doesnt work we use the saline drops & bulb syringe (ped advised not to go overboard with the bulb syringe since it can be pretty irritating and yes most babies hate it....I read a tip somewhere about putting a mirror in front of them so that they are able to see the bulb syringe coming, but this probably may only work for older babies). We use the Simply Saline brand since it has a long dispenser and is a spray.

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by euno
    i hated the bulb .. i got a nosefrida from amazon.com it's a bit pricey at $20 but worth every penny for all the boogers i was able to get out. it's extremely efficient and works like a miracle when you pair it with the saline drops. you are basically able to suck out all the snot from baby's nose and dno't have to worry about ingesting them yourself
    Ditto! I am much happier with the $20 snot sucker that works versus the $4 one that did nothing for us ...
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

m448 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

breastmilk - I sqeeze out a bit in a clean cup, use a drugstore glass dropper to put a few in her nose and then wait a few minutes. Then use the bulb. It's more soothing than saline and of course has more antibodies. Plus if you're nursing you always have a ready supply.
    Herding my flock of 4 kids, all 12 and under.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I know this is an old post, but our DS thinks it is the absolute funniest thing EVER when when we suck snot out of his nose with the aspirator. His face just lights up when he sees that thing coming!

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    I know this is an old post, but our DS thinks it is the absolute funniest thing EVER when when we suck snot out of his nose with the aspirator. His face just lights up when he sees that thing coming!
    I wish my baby was like that. She isn't keen on the aspirator and I feel like it really doesn't get much if anything. I just sent my husband out to get the nose frida. i hope it is more successful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2