Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Would you trust a pregnancy test taken 2 days before expected period

I agree - negative could just be not enough to show up. Even the ones that say they can detect early are not that sensitive if you look at the package insert. Something like 50%-75% 2-4 days prior and 80% one day prior. That's all assuming you ovulated 14 days prior to that. With this one I didn't get a positive HPT until 7 days late and then it was so faint that I was left wondering and made the Dr. order a stat HCG so I could find out for sure before the long holiday weekend. :-)
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Would you trust a pregnancy test taken 2 days before expected period

With any of my pregnancies I had to be atleast 5 days late before it would show up +. Id wait and try again 1 day after af is due.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

what she said. I bought a 2 pack with DD and tested a week early. That one was negative. I agonized trying to wait until the day I was due to try again and that test was a dud! I was flabbergasted staring at a blank stick for ages. Thankfully EPT was awesome when I called- sent me a great coupon book and a check for the amount of the 2 pack even though only 1 test was a dud. They offered to send another test, but there was no way I was going to wait for a test to arrive in the mail. Then the question was whether to buy another 2 pack or a single depending on how long it would take to work... wish I had known about the dollar store having them!!
    Michelle

scoop22 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

keeping my fingers crossed for you. my + didn't show till i was 8 weeks. even my levels were fine at 6. it's hard to sit and wait. i told dh i will never pee on a stick again... it made me so nervous.

again hoping the best for you
    http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

I tested 4 days early. I'm choosing to trust the test. ;) Just remember, you can always have a false negative. Not so much on the false positive though.
    Candy

Matthew 5/02
    Ethan 10/07
    Praying for Pink in 2013/2014

I would say wait a few days and try again. Or buy a lot of cheapies and test sooner. I would not give up on it yet. I know they are pricier, but have you tried the digital tests? I like those because you don't have to agonize over a line!

Good luck!

forgive my ignorance,but wouldn't it be cheaper just to go to the doc than to pay for a bunch of hpts. that said,i always used first response tests.couldn't stand the wait.*just make sure you do it with your mornings first pee.otherwise it'll probobly give you a neg. i got a neg the night befor my pos w ds
    DD1 11/02
    DS 11/05
    and
    DD2 2/09

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I was weighing out the cost- especially if they didn't do a blood test. $10 copay is more than a single test. But, I am dying to have a blood test. :) I just go on the assumption that it is + and will keep waiting for a + or AF.

I would go in but...I think I am going to switch care providers so I can use the midwives at the birth center rather than my CNM who only does hospital births. Guilt is keeping me from going in. I just want a + then I'll schedule an appt. with the new CNMs (and then push the guilt aside and get my records!).

Beth

I bought a bunch of tests(like 25)for cheap from a coop or ebay or somewhere. I started testing at 7 days past ovulation and tested every day until I got a positive. I had 2 m/c before, so I wanted to be sure ASAP when I got pregnant. I can't remember at what point I finally got the positive, but I say keep testing till AF comes!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2