Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TraciG is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Would you trust a pregnancy test taken 2 days before expected period

so I couldn't wait, I took a test yesterday & today , both negative, I REALLY thought I'd see 2 lines !! So should I just accept that my period will probably come or could it be to early for the test to work EVEN though you use it up to 4 day's before your expected period ?

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Would you trust a pregnancy test taken 2 days before expected period

Bummer. :(

I was also so sure that I tested 2 days early and got a -.

I think you have to be really lucky to get those tests to work early even though they say they will.

You and I can form a support group. I have lost track of how many tests I have gone through in the past month. :) Needless to say I just bought a 3 pack of the cheapest tests I could find to ease my guilt on spending so much on them.

My dh already decided that I am + but who knows. All I know is that I am 21 or 14 days late now. Something's gotta give. I would love a beer or something if I am -!

Fingers crossed for you!

beth

Default RE: Would you trust a pregnancy test taken 2 days before expected period

If it came out positive I would probably trust it. Negative, I'd take it again in a couple of days. (Actually, I'd do one a few days later no matter what the results. :)) I know it's hard to wait, it's like the longest couple of days in the world, isn't it?
    Jen, mom to
    Elliot (8/2/05) and
    Lexi (5/19/07)
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." --John Lennon

It depends on when a fertilised egg implants and the sensitivity of the test (which brand did you use?). You still have a chance!!

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    Lisa
    Emma 11/02
    Adam 2/07
    Their hands may be small but their feelings are just as big as ours.

Piglet is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I would also say that a positive is a positive but a negative could still be a positive. Many women only start showing + days after the AF is due and it depends on the sensitivity of the test. With DS2, TTC took a lot longer than anticipated and I blew through PG tests like you wouldn't believe. I hated seeing the negative so I tried to hold off as long as possible to take the test (and always did it first pee of the day). Ironically, this time around, I just knew I was PG without having to take the test. I can't say what felt different, but I just knew. I was also SO much calmer about the whole thing - for example, I wasn't even tempted to take an HPT until I was 3 days late. Last time I would have been jumping out of my skin 2 days early! I really preferred TTC#3 so much more than I did TTC#2. I don't know if it is from age/wisdom or just because my expectations were so low after TTC#2.

Mommy to:

DS1 07/2001
    DS2 03/2005

DD1 05/2007

DD2 03/2014

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

A positive is a positive is a positive. A negative is a maybe. Try again one day past due.

psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I didn't get a BFP for DS1 until 6 weeks past my LMP, and even then we had to hold the test at an angle in the sun to see the second pink line.

I wouldn't really trust a negative test until AF showed up...
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

TraciG is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Hay Beth

Should I be the first to say congratulations ? !! It sounds like you are pregnant, you're SO LATE !! Maybe you should go to the doctor to FINALLY find out, I would be dying if I was you already !

Let us know when you find out for sure !

beth, go to the doctor and have a betaHcg done. maybe your hormones are a bit wacky?

i hope you get that + soon.
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

FWIW, it took FOREVER for my + to come this time....i wouldn't give up hope!

and so both of you know, the dollar store sells pregnancy tests, so if you want to buy a bunch of those to "waste" when you just can't wait....you don't have to feel so guilty!
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast