Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Does anyone ever still think about an ex-boyfriend?

Think about? Sure. Lust after? No. Besides, I have one of my ex-boyfriends (my high school sweetheart) to think about and thank often for being making friends with and later introducing me to my husband. Yes, we were still dating when I met my would be spouse and yes, I ended my long term but not exclusive relationship with the high school sweetheart because I wanted his friend. :P

First loves are powerful. I don't think that remembering that makes you a bad spouse or anything. :)

Then of course I have a list of ex-boyfriends that I think about now and again and wonder "what the heck was I thinking?!" :)
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

VClute is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Oh, HECK, yes!

I had a couple of boyfriends who were absolute losers - would never have been good providers or reliable husbands - but each of them could tell me I was beautiful and sexy and smart without being prompted.

DH, on the other hand, while being a good provider, a responsible citizen and homeowner, and a great father, can't come up with anything nice to say to me, even if given five minutes to think about it... sigh...

Amy in NC
    mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05
    ...and let the shopping begin!

A GIRL (!!) Due 3/30/07

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yes, it is nice to reminisce a bit every once in a while. ;-)
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Depends on how you look at it. My high school sweetheart and I never even kissed. It was the perfect relationship for both of us because I wasn't interested in anything like that at the time.

DH and I met in college and he was the first guy I did anything with (yes, late in college and I'm a late bloomer).

Turns out my high school sweetheart is gay. We met again in med school and he recently moved to the city I live in. We talk all the time and he's one of my best friends. There are time that I think that if I was strong enough mentally, I would be a surrogate mom for him, but I just don't think I am. So yes, I think about him often.... but definitely not in any reminiscent sort of way!
    Michelle

Absolutely. I even tracked one down via email to see what he was up to. He was my first serious, long term boyfriend. We lived together for the better part of six years. Even after we broke up, we ended up as room mates for a while. We both needed somebody to help with the rent, and we knew each other well enough. It was a pretty good arrangement. One thing that could be said about him was that he was always neat!

Anyway, he got divorced (I never DID think that girl was right for him!), and is now - get this - a minister!!! I really wanted him to meet the girls, but he said it would be too weird. Um. OK. Weird for who, I'm not sure.

Other ones, I have no desire to see or hear from. In retrospect, they were not very nice people.

Nothing like walking down memory lane, huh?

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yep. I think it is because I spent a good deal of time with each of them and had a lot of feelings for them that natural curiosity just wants to know how they are doing. I had 3 boyfriends that I considered "serious" and those are the ones I tend to wonder about sometimes. The guy I dated in highschool was thought to be a loser by a lot of people, but I really thought he had potential. He contacted me via email a few years ago and he has really done well with his life! Another exchanges Christmas cards and the rare email with me every year (I met DH through hm, so it's all good!). Heck, a walk down memory lane is fun as long as it is done with good intentions! :)

I'm friendly with most of my ex-boyfriends, but I still know why we broke up! I married my best boyfriend. ;)

-Ry,
    mom to Max the one year old
    and my girl in heaven

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37124.gif

Radosti is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I actually don't. It's weird, but there were some that hurt me tremendously and some who I couldn't stand because they fawned over me. Each time I think about my previous boyfriends, the only thought that comes to mind is "Dating all those guys is the reason I knew DH was my perfect mate in every way!"

I once got a call, a month before my wedding, from a guy I dated in my senior year in high school. He had already been married, had two kids and was getting divorced. And he was younger than me. I talked to him for about an hour and all he kept saying was that he was calling because I was his "perfect" relationship. I was flabergasted about how skewed things had become in his mind. He didn't remember all our fights (on more than one occasion he called me the "rich b**ch" because my family lived in a nicer part of town), he didn't remember me trying to break up with him before leaving for college without success, then calling it off over the phone. In his mind we had a perfect dating relationship and breaking up was a huge mistake.

I had enough of the conversation and eventually ended up hanging up after telling him that my wedding would proceed as planned. I never called him back and that was the end of that.
    DS1 12/05
    DS2 06/08
    DD 11/09

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts

DH was my first and only boyfriend! First holding hands, first kiss, etc. :) He, on the other hand, had plenty of ex-girlfriends and I hope he doesn't think of them too often!!!!

I have wondered about this a lot. There was a guy I dated in High School for one summer. It was an amazing summer and we were eachother's first loves. Of course we both thought we were too young to know what love really was and we broke up because we were a long distance relationship. Over the next several years we remained best friends and would talk to eachother about our relationships. We really were the best of friends.

Fast forward to my wedding day. He had been in a serious relationship and had RSVP for them both to come. DH had no problems with him coming since we really had just been best friends for 5 years and hadn't been dating. So I was visiting with him before I was getting ready to go to the ceremony site and he professed his love for me and begged me not to get married. Of course I did. To make things worse during the garter toss he caught it!

I have thought about that conversation a lot. I love Jacob and know that he is the right one for me but I have always wondered what might have happened if we hadn't been so young back in the day.

Bottom line is first loves are very special and magical. It is a wonderful feeling to remember and there is nothing wrong with that. I think that kids and everyday married life can kind of make you miss that passion and excitement but it would probably be just the same if you had married your ex as well.

Tara
    Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02
    Tyler 6-9-05
    & Baby Jaci 8-10-06

http://b5.lilypie.com/IV-Mm6.png

http://b2.lilypie.com/sJmVm7.png

http://b1.lilypie.com/EZwnm7.png

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast