Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    contrcdh Guest

Default RE: Question for Denise & Alan re: bedrails

You did not respond to the question regarding the safety of a mesh rail. From what I have read, many of these are made so that getting caught between the bed and the rail is virtually impossible. I have to believe that this is safer than the alternative (falling out of bed). Am I just wrong? If so, on what do you base your conclusions?

laurajaney Guest

Bump

Tanya Guest

I believe the safety issue is entrapment. They can get stuck between the rail and the mattress.

Actually, this is a huge issue for hospitals now. Hospital beds have siderails and there are deaths and injuries caused by this very thing.

The other concern is that they try to climb out of bed over the rail and fall.

With that said, I'm debating buying a rail for my bed. My daughter often co-sleeps and she hates being covered up, so it's difficult for my husband and I to have the covers on us. She rolls around too much to sleep on the side, so I'm considering a rail. I'm aware of her, so I don't think the safety issues will be as big of a concern. I just won't have to suddenly reach out and stop her from falling off the side of the bed.

Personally, due to the safety issues, I do not think I will ever use a bed rail on her bed though.

Tanya

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2