cdlamis is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default how to make crib more comfy?

Now that the danger of suffocationg and SIDS is much lower, what kind of "padding" do you use under the fitted sheet of the crib?

I want to make it more comfortable for Julia. Right now I only have the matress pad and a sheet.

Thanks!
    Daniella
    Mom to Julia 6-13-02

luvbeinmama Guest

Default RE: how to make crib more comfy?

Do you have more that a mattress pad and a sheet on your bed? I think that is fine.

raynjen Guest

The mattress we bought has an 'infant' and a 'toddler' side. The 'toddler' side has some extra foam on it so we just flipped the mattress. I don't think it really matters too much as they aren't heavy enough to have pressure points yet.

Jen in Okinawa
    Mom to Noelle (10/25/01)

cdlamis is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks for your replies. It makes me feel better. Julia seems to sleep fine- I just thought that her matress was much more stiff than ours.

Daniella
    Mom to Julia 6-13-02

GAPeach Guest

My son is now two and a half. Soon after moving him from the bassinet to the crib, I put a thick, folded towel under the sheet to soften the mattress. That helped a little and he slept better. Then, I bought an foam "egg crate" mattress pad and cut it to fit his crib. He sleeps wonderfully on that. I would wait until your child is able to roll front to back and back to front without any difficulty, though.