kdeangelo88 Guest

Default table and chairs

I am looking for a really nice table and chairs set that will be practical for a 2 year old. Good for snacking at, drawing at, ect. Help?

brubeck Guest

Default RE: table and chairs

Well the super practical one is the Little Tikes plastic picnic benche. It is made to last outdoors through all kinds of weather and it really stands up to a beating.

If you want something a little nicer for indoors you could try Ikea. We got a really nice solid wood table and 2 chairs there for less than $50. I think it was the Gulliver collection. They also have other table/chair sets for differing prices.

Target is hit or miss. Sometimes they have the kids furniture you want, sometimes they don't. But it might eb worth a look.

You can also get more expensive versions of the Ikea-type stuff at TRU/BRU and PBK.

lukkykatt Guest

Helen's suggestions are right on the money. The other place I've seen them from time to time is BJ's. And this is the right time of the year to look there.

I second getting one at Ikea. We got Angela one for about thirty dollars, its a table with two chairs and comes unfinished. You can either stain it and put a good clear varnish on it or paint it any color with a semi gloss paint that will make it washable. We painted hers white with wall paint that was washable and everything virtually wipes off of it without any problem!

We got a set from Pottery Barn Kids (the Carolina table and chairs). So far, we love it. DS is 2 years and 5 months and enjoys having a table to spread out crayons, Play-Doh, etc. The nice thing about this set is that it is not sized quite as small as other toddler sets. He should be able to use this up to about age 7 or so. I can sit comfortably in the chair (I'm only 5'2" but am also 29 weeks pregnant) without worrying about it not holding me well.

It wasn't cheap, but I think we'll use the set for a long time.

Lisa
    & Jack, 4/20/01
    & Little brother-to-be, e.d.d., 12/15/03

myllam Guest

We purchased the Little Tykes Mission Style wooden table and chairs and they work great and look good. We got them on sale at Kohls online for around $80 shipped for a table and 2 chairs. We did have a problem with the table being super wobbly after we put it together. Little Tykes immediately sent out an entire new table and had UPS pick up the original table so they could see what was wrong with it. Since wooden furniture is new in their product line, they appreciated the feedback in quality. The new table they sent doesn't wobble at all. Terrific customer support!

HTH,

Monica