Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: So, after they are out of the crib.........

I'm actually very lucky. Kathleen won't get off the bed until we come and get her. I mean, she knows how to get off the bed, but she just won't get off until one of us is in the room. We also shut the door at naptimes and at night.

She has toys (like her dollhouse) and books and other playthings in her room, but won't play with them until, again, we come into her room so she can get down. :)

ChiMom Guest

We used the child-proof doorknob covers when Jake transitioned out of his crib, and they worked really well. However, now both boys share a room whose door doesn't close well (we're in a vintage apartment), and the kicker is Jake doesn't like his door closed all the way when he's sleeping. So we're going to have to do some heavy negotiations when Danny moves out of the crib!

Jodi
    Jacob 01/27/00
    Daniel 08/28/02

pshontz Guest

I've been reading all these posts about sleeping in a big bed and closing the door and things and I'm wondering ..... if you close the door, and your toddler needs to go to the bathroom at night, do they just call you? We are facing the bed transition and potty training soon. Thanks, Ruth

Adrienne was the same way.... I'd tuck her into bed, tell her good night and then I'd tell her to stay in her bed until Mommy came to get her. She would. LOL

I had my easy child first. I have a feeling that teaching Gabrielle to stay in HER bed is going to be more of a challenge. But I plan to employ the same technique.
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

brubeck Guest

We leave the door open and have a gate in the hallway. The area of DD's bedroom includes the door to the bathroom.

Another possibility is to leave a portable potty on the bedroom floor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2