vikivoly Guest

Default Lea furniture - quality?

I'm looking at a bedroom set for DD's toddler room made by Lea. They are owned by Lazy-boy. Anyone have any experience with this brand? I know they make some cheaper laminate/pressed wood lines, but the set I'm looking at is wood with dovetail drawers. The pricing is very reasonable and I'm not looking for heirloom quality, just something that will last throughout her childhood.

I know very little about furniture, so any help would be appreciated.

Default RE: Lea furniture - quality?

I just happened to be glancing through this forum, thinking I'll be here soon enough, when I saw this question.
    My 12 year old daughter has had a set of Lea furniture for about 10 years. The only problem we have had is with the hardware coming off, but that seems to happen with all our furniture (handle gremlin???)
    Anyway, I am pleased with ours and it is certainly holding up well. Mollie's is the cream colored furniture with the flowers on the front, and butcher block looking tops.

Beth

Josh 3/90
    Mollie 4/92
    Jeffrey 12/94
    and Katherine 6/03

vikivoly Guest

Thanks. Yes I've seen that set. It is very pretty. I'm looking at the Carolina Retreat, it's also off-white, but it has that "beefy" look. I'm hoping it will last her through her teens. Did you have any problems with the off-white paint scratching?

No, we haven't had any problems with that at all. She's not incredibly hard on it, but it seems to be holding up quite well. I think she could probably use it through her teens, but I suspect that she will want something different, it really isn't her "style."

Beth

Josh 3/90
    Mollie 4/92
    Jeffrey 12/94
    and Katherine 6/03