We're planning to move Nate across the hall from his current room/nursery to a "big boy" room. We bought a toddler-convertible crib from IKEA for the new room and put up today, still as a crib because I don't know much change he can handle at one go. The new baby is due in early May, so I'd like a month before she's due to make changes/prep the nursery. And since it would be converting Nate's old room, I think he'll probably need a month of thinking of it still as "his" before we do anything to it, so that puts us at ealy March before we *must* move him. The room is not finished yet, although it's slowly getting there. I still want to add wall art, a rug, and we need some sort of dresser or bookcase. It will probably still be a work in progress once he's transitioned, but I'd at least like to have these things in place before we move him. I thought I'd move him gradually -- getting the room ready and letting him play in there, then putting him down for naps, then starting him to sleep in there. I told my husband that I thought that we should shoot for Nate's 2nd birthdate to have him completely moved. But my husband thinks we should move him cold-turkey and ASAP. I disagree with this, so I thought I'd ask if anyone here has moved your child's room (w/in the same house), how you did it, and what advice you'd give about the process?

xposted in the Baby Bargains Lounge.