mcscott Guest

Default Recommendations for a poster bed?

I am interested in purchasing a poster bed for my daughter but the salesman tried to pursuade me otherwise. He said that girls will outgrow the bed?

Can anyone give me the pros and cons of a poster bed? Any recommendations for a good quality poster bed? Thanks in advance for any advice!:-)

momtoB is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: Recommendations for a poster bed?

This probably isn't much help but when I was growing up my cousin had a really girly white four poster bed w/canopy. I didn't spend a lot of time at her house because we lived far apart but when we did visit I remember thinking how much I loved it and would have like to have one. She had that bed clear through high school (they did take the canopy part off at one point). As a matter of fact it was still in her old room after she moved out. I don't know if she ever got tired of it though!

I still like four posters although now as a grown up I really prefer the mahagony ones. BombayKids has a nice white one that isn't too foo-fooey and I could see it being used for a long time: http://www.bombaycompany.com/gp/deta...754331-3207115
    I don't know about the quality, personally though.

hth,
    Cheryl
    ds-4/21/03

I had a poster bed with a canopy and LOVED it! I was sad to see it go. I don't think it is something your DD will outgrow. If it has a canopy, it will probably be removeable. Imho, poster beds are classic and classics never go out of style. I wish I had one now!!!!
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

Mikesa3 Guest

I always wanted a canopy so knew if I had a dd I'd get her one.Then I had two dd that had to share a room so it wasn't possible.By the time they got their own rooms they were older and it wouldn't have worked well in their rooms.Then I had another dd and decided I would finally be able to get her a canopy.Well ds came along so then she shared for awhile with him.Now she's sharing with her sister.I really hope we can add a room on soon so I can get her the canopy I always wanted.LOL My oldest ds will probably be moving out in 3 years but then dd will be 11 years old and might not want a canopy. I shopped for one last year when I thought my ds was going away to college (dd was going to get his room) and I found the brand Lea that was good quality with good prices. Like the pp said the canopy can be taken off. HTH
    Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks for posting this. I am looking for the same thing. I want one exactly like my Bratt decor Heritage crib, but alas I can't find one. Check out Bassett furniture. I think they have some.
    Betsy