Thread: guard rails?

heatherb Guest

Default guard rails?

We are moving our son from his toddler bed to a twin bed. The bed is pushed against the wall, but should we get a guard rail for the other side? It seems like yet another transition he'll have to go through later.

schums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: guard rails?

We never used one. DS fell out of bed 2 times and then was fine. I'd try not using one and see if falling out is a problem. You can always add it later.

Sarah
    Alex 3/2002
    Catherine 8/2003

Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have the same set-up. We transitioned our first DD at 2 years old as we needed the crib for our second DD. I did buy a bed rail as she was small at age two. We took it off a year later and she's fallen out of the bed twice since but it doesn't seem to faze her. I tucked a pool noodle under the sheet and that barrier seems to signal her to move when she nears it.

amp Guest

We're not planning to use one. We have removed the crib rail to DS's crib and he fell out about 4 times, but hasn't in over a month. We are just about to order his new bedroom set, and the bed is a Captain's bed, so pretty far off of the floor. I may roll a blanket or towel and put it under the sheet or mattress to help keep him from rolling too far. Since he's kind of used to not rolling out now, I don't think it will take much to keep him in, and something like the towel or blanket might just be the right kind of reminder to his body not to move further.

I figure if we decide we need a bed rail in the end, we can always get one, but why bother buying something we may not even need.

coloradomom Guest

We are beginning this transition soon as well, do you think we need a guard rail if we are transitioning to a full bed? My dd is a pretty active toddler so I do not know if a snug tuck would be worth the investment or a waste of money. Does a pool noodle do the trick?
    I would love to hear some of your feedback!!