nitaghei Guest

Default Twin mattress recommendation

Can I free-ride on someone else's research? What would you recommend? Any particular brand? We need to get a twin mattress for DS fairly soon, and I'm already overwhelmed by the whole move.

Right now I'm tempted to just go to Ikea and buy whatever they have because the thought of having to research one more thing right now is enough to make me burst into tears.

For the next year, the mattress will probably be on the floor. And then we have a regular bed for DS. I know absolutely nothing about conventional mattresses.

TIA

Nita (fleece is my friend)
    mom to Neel, January 2003
    dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

momtoB is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: Twin mattress recommendation

I was lost too since we have been sleeping on a tempur-pedic mattress for the last few years and the set we had before that was a barely used set my parents gave us when we got married. I don't know how much help I am but we just bought ds the Spring Air "Spring-o-Pedic ~ Society" twin size set. We didn't really do any research, just went to the store and a very nice man showed us our options. They had quite a few. This one was a nicer set, one that an adult could sleep on comfortably. We had issues with ds ever wanting to sleep on his crib mattress (which was supposedly a nicer one but still kind of chintzy IMO but then it's just for a baby I know)... Anyway we wanted to make sure it was comfy enough he would want to sleep on it and be comfortable for several years hopefully. We are pleased with our purchase so far, but then it's only been a week, LOL.

Good luck with your search! Hth.

nitaghei Guest

Default RE: Twin mattress recommendation

Thanks!

Ikea is looking better and better. We have one close by, and DS likes going there. I really can't stand the thought of going to mattress stores - even if I could find the time.

I don't think DS is too fussy - he sleeps fine (by his standards) on his Colgate crib mattress, as well as our futon. And I read somewhere that Ikea doesn't use the flame retardant stuff, which is a good thing, IMO.

Nita (fleece is my friend)
    mom to Neel, January 2003
    dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)