Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    raynjen Guest

Default Rant - PBK discontinued w/o notice!

We are moving back to the states (going to Kansas!) in December. My daughter will be newly 4 then and will need a bed, dresser, bookcases, bedding, etc. We had planned and planned and planned and finally wrangled something out that we all could agree on (Daddy, Mommy, and daughter!) Well, Pottery Barn Kids just went and discontinued the quilt/sheets/pillows that we were going to buy! Aaarrrghhh! I know they do this on a regular basis, so I was checking my catalogs religously (I get 6-8 of them a year!) and popping in to the website. In our last catalog they put the sheets on sale (i.e. "we're getting rid of them") but not the comfortors or anything else. I go online today (I also check every time they send me an email) and they are gone from the site - poof! - vanished! I wish they would give a girl a little notice! Now we have to rewrangle and I am NOT looking forward to that.

Thanks for the vent space!

Jen in Okinawa
    Mom to my beautiful daughter,
    who is now 3 3/4, Noelle!

Default RE: Rant - PBK discontinued w/o notice!

I would immediately get on the phone with them and ask them to try to locate the items. A few months ago I went through the same thing with lighting (table lamps, floor lamp, chandalier) that I had my eye on for over a year and when we finally decided to get it they no longer had some of the pieces online. I called and they were able to locate all the pieces, some from their online warehouse and some from various stores. They also told me they would have tried their outlets if they couldn't find the pieces at any stores. I wouldn't give up on it yet, you might have to be pushy but it worked for me! Good luck!!

I hate that too!! Ebay is always a good bet though if you can't get them to find them at other stores.

Congrats on moving back Jen. :)
    Mom to R and R

c2lane Guest

I just went through somthing similar. After months of looking and deciding on new bedding for DD's new big girl bed and matching crib set for our soon to be baby - they sell out of some key pieces.

I phoned PBK yesterday and was able to have them order the crib bumper for me. It's on back order and probably won't be here until the end of August but that's fine.

Try calling them and see if they can't find what you're looking for.

Also, eBay although if it's popular, some of them go for ridiculous prices.

BTW out of curiosity, which line were you looking for?

~Carrie
    mom to Dillan Rose 01/02/04
    & our 2nd blessing due 10/6/05

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040102/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]
    http://lilypie.com/days/051006/2/5/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

raynjen Guest

We wanted the Citrus Painted Posies Quilt. We are getting the Camp Collection bunk bed and dresser (plan to use the bottom bunk for sleeping, top bunk as toy storage - with ladder removed) and the Citrus Painted Posies was the only line we liked that looked good with the dark blue furniture. It also ties in a lot of the colors that we are currently using in her room (lime green and a lighter blue).

I guess I'll have to get my dad to call around to all the stores (calling from Japan is akward and expensive) and see if he can find the quilt. I can probably work around the other stuff, curtains, sheets, etc.

Jen in Okinawa
    Mom to my beautiful daughter,
    who is now 3 3/4, Noelle!

mom2kandj Guest

Jen -

If you still have those past catalogs, I would try calling CS and asking about the specific item #s. Also, I would have your dad call the WS Marketplace(outlet for Williams Sonoma, PB, PBK, PBTeen) to try and find the items if they are not in the regular PBK stores! HTH!

Rose
    mom 2 Katie 12/02/00
    & Jack 04/16/02

hjdong Guest

Hmm, I know there's an outlet in . . . it's on the way to Vegas, on the Nevada line, think, oh Primm, Nevada. I don't know if that piece of trivia will be at all useful to you/you're dad in your calling marathon but a few years back I made my DH stop (on the first and I thought last Vegas trip I made until BIL decided to get married there this Nov.) there so I could do some shopping.

HTH, Good luck,

amp Guest

Hey, we're in KS, so if you feel like it, send me an email when you get here. There's a small group of us here in the KC metro area.

c2lane Guest

That's a great line. I had considered it in the Citrus & Bright Pink. Good luck, hopefully you're Dad can locate what you need!

~Carrie
    mom to Dillan Rose 01/02/04
    & our 2nd blessing due 10/6/05

http://lilypie.com/baby2/040102/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]
    http://lilypie.com/days/051006/2/5/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

AdoptChina Guest

Can you call each outlet and see if they have any of the items you need? I just had to go to Ebay to get DSs set b/c they disc. it also

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast