tori is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default Does a Bed rail for a Race car Toddler bed or any Toddler Bed exist ?

We just moved my 2 year old son into the Little Tikes race car Toddler bed and he keeps falling out because there are no sides to it. I have been searching high and low for a bed rail for a toddler bed.The ones that I see for sale are only for regular beds. Does anyone know of one ? Thanks for your help!!!!!!

Default RE: Does a Bed rail for a Race car Toddler bed or any Toddler Bed exist ?

I don't know of any rails that would fit a toddler bed but what about a snugtuck?

http://www.snugtuckpillow.com/

We have a twin bed for DS #1 and use pool noodles under the mattress pad. They are movable and don't keep him in bed but help him know where the edge of the bed is when he is sleeping. He moved into the twin bed last December and has fallen out of bed 2 or 3 times.

HTH,
    Michelle I

DS 1 - 7
    DS 2 - 5
    DD - 1

Default RE: Does a Bed rail for a Race car Toddler bed or any Toddler Bed exist ?

we have the toddler race car bed and after our son fell out once, we saw that there was alittle room to insert a bed rail. So we used one of the "regular" bed rails that you see everywhere and it works. No more falls. Under the mattress we have wooden boards, not a whole sheet of wood, so the brace on the rail fits in between the boards.

Hope that helps.

Lynnie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Until my DS was able to master the racecar bed challenge, I would just tuck a sofa pillow between the matress and the side of the bed, and that kept him on.

Of course, now I am looking at the firetruck bed, which has built in guard rails, sort of, for my 19 month old.....