Default Looking for Adult chair for 18 mo & beyond's room for Mom & Son to cuddle in

I was supposed to get a chair for ds & I to cuddle & read stories in for Christmas. As I'm finally getting around to purchasing something, I'm wondering what is appropriate for this age & as ds gets older. He has a big room so I was originally thinking an oversized chair w/ottoman or a chaise lounge. I went on a trip and sat in the most awesome chaise in a hotel and have dreamed about having a chair like that ever since. I was eyeing PBK's Elise Chaise but was concerned that since we live in an old house they might have difficulty getting the chair upstairs and into ds's room due to smaller doorways. I've been keeping my eyes open for a smaller version of that chair (with no success) and also thought about the chair and 1/2 with Ottoman. As ds gets more mobile I'm wondering if these styles make sense. With an ottoman I would make sure it is not on wheels as we learned that lesson with an ottoman we have from Crate and Barrell in our living room. DS currently climbs on the chair in his room which is a thin leather chair which I'm thinking is getting a bit dangerous due to the tip factor. Since ds may soon be able to climb out of his crib and will eventually have a toddler or twin bed thus leading to him being in his room without supervision I'm wondering what makes sense. I would greatly appreciate any input on specific chairs or things to consider in selecting a chair for his current age& beyond. We do hope to have another child so the chair could be moved to another room though that would not be ideal as the other bedrooms are much smaller than ds's huge room.

Thanks!

Default RE: Looking for Adult chair for 18 mo & beyond's room for Mom & Son to cuddle in

I realize this is a bit late for you but... I got something similar to the Pottery Barn Grand Armchair for my son's room. The chair and half were too big. I didn't get the ottoman. This has worked very well. I got it at Down East HOme which sells stuff from PBK, C&B etc. THe other good option was Bassett furniture which has a great line of semi-custom furniture that had a nice arm chair. You are going to pay 800-1,000 for this kind of chair--sorry. I looked all over! The other option might be the LL Bean light furniture but I have never seen it in person. As for the chaise, my mom finds them at antique options. She bought one for me and had it reupholstered. I have a feeling that cost a pretty penny. But a second hand store might be a good bet. Christmas is past now, so I hope you found something you liked!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."