Default 19 1/2 months too soon to move out of crib?

My DD will be 19 1/2 months by the time DD#2 is born...I want to put #2 in the crib #1 is sleeping in now. What options can anyone please suggest for where DD#1 can sleep? Is a toddler bed a good idea? ( I feel like she will fall out) Also, I am moving overseas soon afterwards and was planning to buy the toddler bed then, so is there anywhere else besides the hard floor she can sleep?!

I did look into the arms reach co-sleeper but it won't fit our new bed when we move so I don't want to buy it and use it only for 2-3 months and then have to throw it away.

Thanks.

Default RE: 19 1/2 months too soon to move out of crib?

19M is mighty young to be out of a crib. I recommend you buy a second inexpensive crib for #2. It'll be worth the expense for the piece of mind of knowing #1 is safe and secure in her bed. It won't be fun to have to chase #1 around when she's supposed to be down.

Congratulations and best wishes to you. :)

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

http://b1.lilypie.com/QQKqm4.png
    http://b3.lilypie.com/UnbPm4.png
    Last edited by Wife_and_mommy; 11-09-2009 at 02:11 AM.

armywife5 Guest

We moved dd into a twin bed last month (18.5 months). I didn't think that it made sense to switch to a toddler bed, only to need a twin bed a short amount of time later. We moved her because we wanted to be sure she didn't feel like we were moving her on because of her brother to be. We made a HUGE deal out of it and she can't wait to go to her "big girl bed" for naps and bed time. She even asks now to take a nap! We have it against a wall on one side and a railing on the other. Even if her brother weren't arriving soon, we would've been moving her into a bed around this time because she can climb so well (read that as...out of the crib)that it was more of hazard to keep her in the crib. Good luck!
    Amanda

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

imo it is too soon. i'd get another crib and try to use it to age 3
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

Id never move one out that early. I got a $100 crib at BRU for my moms house, well worth the expense for you to keep her in a crib.