ajweeks Guest

Default Simmons crib day bed conversion kit?

Hi,

My 27 month old DD just learned how to climb out of her crib. She is really good at it and just scales down the side like a little monkey. I'm trying to decide about what kind of bed to get her with also the possibility of getting a new bed, maybe even bunk beds for my almost 5 year old son. I thought that converting her crib to a day bed was a good short term option for now so I have time to shop. I called Simmons yesterday to order one and now I'm wondering if it was a good idea. How do people like these conversion kits? It just seems like the simplest option for now and I don't need to buy any new bedding, etc.

Thanks.

Default We have one.

Just be aware that they don't have any bed rails. At least ours didn't. So, that part kind of sucks! The optional bed rails you can buy at BRU, Target, etc., are all designed for a twin/full bed. I don't know what the harm would be, however, if you take a look at the instructions, they all warn not to use on a toddler bed.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

gogo

shburks is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ajweeks
    Hi,

My 27 month old DD just learned how to climb out of her crib. She is really good at it and just scales down the side like a little monkey. I'm trying to decide about what kind of bed to get her with also the possibility of getting a new bed, maybe even bunk beds for my almost 5 year old son. I thought that converting her crib to a day bed was a good short term option for now so I have time to shop. I called Simmons yesterday to order one and now I'm wondering if it was a good idea. How do people like these conversion kits? It just seems like the simplest option for now and I don't need to buy any new bedding, etc.

Thanks.
    We did this and it worked great. We converted ds's crib right about that time (maybe 32 months). We're moving in a few months and I wanted to wait until we moved to get a "big bed" and wanted to use the same bedding, etc until we moved.