Default Boys Big Boy Bedroom Furniture? Hate my options! In Northern Va

Ive got a just turned 3 year old I need to transition out of the nursery and into his new big boy room (new baby coming in June).

Where are good places to get bedroom sets? I wasnt overly crazy about Pottery Barns current options though I usually like their stuff. I went to Baby 2 Teen and I only liked the AP Industries Pasadena set which was a fortune, probably about 4-5K once were done. Should I be looking at crib sets and see if they have regular beds with them? I am totally lost- I havent found ANYTHING!

His "theme" is kind of vintage sports- got the bedding from Bombay Kids. I cant use a toddler bed as he is the size of a 6 year old and I already have an x-long twin Im considering reusing, although its a little big for the bedding.

HELP?!

Amy

Default RE: Boys Big Boy Bedroom Furniture? Hate my options! In Northern Va

We just put our DS into his big boy room. He loves his bed. We purchased the William bedroom set by Dutailier from Great Beginnings in Gaithersburg, MD. Since you live in VA, there would be no tax when they deliver it to you. Delivery and setup, if I remember correctly, is $75 plus $5 (or $10) for each additional. Also, they will accept competitors coupons. We used BBB 20% coupon off. HTH.

Thank you! I didnt realize they carried youth bedroom sets!
    Amy

kcimato is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Also try Belfort Furniture in Sterling. They are right off Route 28

We are looking at Room & Board for DS's set. Not sure what color you are looking for, but we like the LaSalle collection. I think it would grow with him. We have a few things from them already & the quality is great.

Here is a link to their kids beds: http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/cate...thod=get&id=96

I love that color! Thanks!
    Amy

GB is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I'll put in my vote for Room and Board's LaSalle. That's what we just bought for our DS's big boy room. It's coming on the truck on the 15th. I can't wait!

daisy4077 Guest

I went to Baby-2-Teen in Manassas, Va just like you did and found a wonderful Stanley bedroom set. My friend lives in Maryland and she ended up buying at Baby-2-Teen because she did not have to pay sales tax since she lived in MD and their delivery was cheaper than other stores in MD. They gave me 5% off my order because I live in VA and did not want to lose the business to an out of state store. I highly recommend this store!! My furniture arrived in 3 wks and I have had wonderful service from beginning to end with Baby-2-Teen.

soccermomva Guest

I live in Northern Va and shop at Baby-2-Teen also. I think sometime in the early spring they have their annual warehouse sale. We got a twin bed for our daughter for $150. Hope this helps.

Check out both Buy Buy Baby & Great Beginnings. We like the Mother Hubbard's Cupboard line - www.mhcfurniture.com. It's all solid wood at a reasonable price plus they offer lots of stain options. We bought ours at Great Beginnings years ago & I know Buy Buy Baby carries it as well.

Another good line on reasonably priced solid wood furniture is Moosehead, but they don't offer many stain options. You can find a dealer near you through www.mooseheadfurniture.com