hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Does FLEXA allow its retailers to discount?

I think we are going to go with a FLEXA bed for my youngest son. The problem is that both of the retailers closest to me are both over an hour away, and I'm half tempted to maybe order it from an online retailer. Does FLEXA pretty much force its retailers to sell their products at a set price? Or, do I have any chance at all of trying to do some haggling? Also, how long did it take to receive your order once you placed it? TIA!
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

luvmypeanut is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Does FLEXA allow its retailers to discount?

I don't know about the discounting but I ordered a bed for my son from the store here and it took 4-6 weeks. But we're in Hawaii so everything takes about that long.
    DD 4/03
    DS 2/05

kidsme Guest

I'm not sure if you have heard this yet, but Flexa is no longer going to sell to the retailers anymore. They are going to "try" and open free standing Flexa stores. Any dealer carrying Flexa has until Sept 1 to get rid of their stock and floor models. If you check your local store, they may be offering deals on stock or floor models. It's a great product except for the pine. Check out a new company called Maxtrix... www.maxtrixkids.com
    My local store told me about it and they are going to get it to replace Flexa. It's nicer because it's made from Birch and it offers a real white and real case pieces.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Thanks ladies! I just wanted to update. We saw the flexa set and my DH hated it, he thought it looked like overpriced ikea stuff, and I have to admit it kind of does look like overpriced ikea stuff. He didn't even want to wait for the store to start carrying the matrix, he said it just looks like it would be expensive ikea stuff. Soooo, we lucked out and checked out the clearance center of the furniture store and got a nice moosehead twin bed, nightstand and chest for over 40% off! Moosehead is temporarily going out of business, so there are some great deals right now, although we checked another moosehead retailer and he only had his inventory decreased by $50. However, I think we got a great deal. The set is supposed to be delivered on thursday and I'm so glad that the search for my son's bedroom set is finally over. It's so difficult to find a high quality solid wood set these days for an affordable price.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs