varshac Guest

Default Maxtrix Low Loft Bed with Slide

We are thinking about buying this bed for our 4 year old.

http://www.kidsquartersonline.com/ma...with_tents.htm

We do not have a Maxtrix dealer near us, so I don't know what this bed looks like in person. We were trying to decide between the Flexa low loft with slide and this one. I prefer the birch wood (Maxtrix) instead of the pine (Flexa)

Does anyone have this bed? How is the quality? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Default RE: Maxtrix Low Loft Bed with Slide

I just looked at these yesterday. I think someone already mentioned, but Flexa is nolonger selling through retailers, just from their own stores and online. Retailers seemed to have all picked up Maxtrix to replace Flexa. My dealer told me that Maxtrix is owned by someone from the Flexa family, hence how it is virtually identical in style, right down to the bedside pockets and play curtain styles. Main difference I saw was they use birch hardwood, and the dressers etc are a bit higher quality (dovetail joints, glides, more wood bottoms and backs instead of particle board). They are also quite a bit more expensive, but you pay for the better wood. To me, at least, the Maxtrix looks more traditionally american, while the Flexa looks more european (think IKEA type style, esp. in the linens and play curtains) The girls Maxtrix play curtains were much more traditionally cute. Not as much choice in linens for boys in Maxtrix, mostly just blue. If we didnt already have the Flexa bed, I might have gone with the Maxtrix if we could afford it, mostly because I'm just not a pine person. On the upside, we love the Flexa bed, we just got the legs and ladder for it to raise it up. either way, you cant go wrong, but being pine, my son has managed to dent his bed with his toy hammers. For us, the Flexa was cheap enough to view as a first bed - school age solution, and expect to reconsider down the road anyway as we may very well have a larger house with bigger bedrooms before we hit the teen years. They really are a nice system, esp for smaller rooms, and the high rails made the switch to a big boy bed so easy for my then two year old.

Hope it helps!
    Lucy

varshac Guest

Default RE: Maxtrix Low Loft Bed with Slide

Thanks for the info. We actually wound up buying a traditional bunk bed (2nd Nature - Young America by Stanley). It was much cheaper than buying a Flexa or Maxtrix.

For those interested, we have been very happy with the quality of the construction and styling.

http://www.youngamerica.stanleyfurni...760&nav1=YBEDS

Varsha