Mabbster Guest

Default Best shoes for active toddlers

Our favorite shoes for our 20 month old daughter are Storkenworks. You can get them through the Natural Baby catalog and also in some specialty shops. They run around $25 and are super soft leather with extremely flexible crepe rubber soles and a wide toe box. Maura prefers them to her Keds and Stride Rite dress shoes. They come in many colors and are cute, cute, CUTE!

Mabbster

Mabbster Guest

Default RE: Best shoes for active toddlers

Here's a link to online source for the Soft Star shoes. You can see how really cute they are! We love these...and they really do last much longer than any other shoe we have tried. Maura's been wearing her latest pair for 5 months. They were not over sized when we bought them, they just stretch really well with wear.

http://www.wearsthebaby.com/shopping/shoepage.htm

Mabbster

Geebee Guest

Do you find it relatively easy to buy shoes for your daughter through a catalog? I guess that I don't feel confident with fitting my daughter's (also 20 months) shoes myself.

Thanks.

Mabbster Guest

It all depends on the catalog and the brand of shoes. The easiest way to find your kiddos shoe size is to trace around the baby's foot with a pencil on a piece of paper. Make sure your baby is standing on the paper or you will get a tracing that is much smaller than the foot when weight is placed on it. Most companies have a size chart which will tell you what size you need based on the total inches of the tracing.

The reason we love these particular shoes so much is that the toe box is more than adequate for even the chubbiest feet and the way the shoe ties around the ankle prevents any heel slippage.

Mabbster

Jill V Guest

These shoes are great!!!!!! Thanks for sharing.