Ann Schweninger Guest

Default Stokke KinderZeat

Has anyone purchased this? We are considering it, and would like to get feedback. Especially since it's rather pricey, and we'd be buying two of them, outside (i.e. unbiased!) views would be very valuable to us.

Thanks in advance!

jflynn66 Guest

Default RE: Stokke KinderZeat

Just for your info...
    A very similiar chair is available from the One Step Ahead catalog. It sells for $99 and can be ordered from their website. www.onestepahead.com We, too, are interested in the chair. Did you end up buying one?

I'd love to get your feedback.

jflynn66

WendyS. Guest

Found one of these at a furniture consignment store for $12. They didn't know what it was.....but I did! ;) Not sure of the brand, but it looks like the one in the One Step Ahead catalog. It is great and our son loves it. Easy to adjust to fit the height of our child and the table. He is also 32 lbs at 18 months. Can't imagine what he will be like at 2! Not sure all typical high chairs would fit his stocky frame as well as this one will. Would recommend.

As a former preschool teacher, I can tell you to really conisder the fact that there is no tray. When a child eats at the table with you, he can grab anything within his reach. We have a rather large table, so this didn't bother us. We could get things far enough away that he couldn't hurt himself. Also, sometimes a tray can be good because the edge keeps things (toys, cups, utensils) from getting too far away from the child. These issues have never been a problem for us, but they should be given some consideration. All-in-all.......we love ours!

eloisel Guest

We have the One Step Ahead version...costs half as much as the Stokke. Our 19 month old loves it. He really likes that he can climb onto it himself. He didn't want to be in a high chair anymore, he wanted to sit in a real chair like all the big people. I like that it is a breeze to clean up.

Kkeanes Guest

We had the One Step Ahead version and hated it. Our son, then an infant could easily climb out of it, when using the seatbelt. The chair itself was not stable and the cushions they sold to go with it fell apart in the wash.

naynaysmom Guest

I purchased this seat for my almost 3 yr old son about 3 months ago. He weighs over 40 lbs and definitely had grown out of his Peg Perego high chair (which we still had him in!).
    We absolutely love this chair! My son is able to climb in and out by himself, and he can join us at the table to feel a part of the action. The chair is very stable, and it blends in with "adult" furniture nicely. He also had great posture now since he is forced to "sit up" at the table instead of recline or lean against the back of his high chair. I don't find the lack of a tray a problem....we simply have a laminated placemat at the table for him to catch any spills.
    Good luck!

-Kelly

Megieblue Guest

I bought the KinderZeat for my 27 month old son when he was 18 months old and we LOVE it! I highly recommend it. Actually we also have a 5 month old son who's getting one of his own shipped from the UK.

By far my favorite baby product (love my Mountain Buggy too)

acadiaphile Guest

We used one when we visited friends in Germany this summer. It was great! My dd was 9 mos. at the time and just starting on table foods. It was wonderful to have her at the table and she seemed to enjoy having her feet supported. Their KinderZeat had a waist belt and strap so that she couldn't really get out at all. Although it was certainly different from our Chicco Mama, it was great! If they weren't so expensive and we hadn't already sunk too much money into the Chicco Mama (which I don't think we'd do again) I'd get one.

Interesting to note, that in Germany (and elsewhere in Europe) the KinderZeat has different attachments. Among these are a tray, pad, and different waist straps/belts.

HTH.

Christine