Default Curious on thoughts about payless smartfit shoes...m

Although i usually buy only stride rite and keds and a few european brands. A relative gave my one daughter a pair of their dora the explorer runners....they *seem* ok, made of leather and all and are flexable but are they really good quality shoes?

Thanks for your input :)
    ~Pamela Mom To The Trio Of Trouble

KRM Guest

Default RE: Curious on thoughts about payless smartfit shoes...m

I bought my 2 1/2 year old daughter a pair of "smart fit" sandals recently. They were only $9.99 and seemed to be of nice quality. However, after wearing them two times or so, she got a couple of blisters on her feet where the shoes rubbed her the wrong way. I felt so bad for her -- this has never happened before with other sandals I've purchased (exclusively Stride Rite). I don't know if the blisters have anything to do with the shoes; maybe it was just because the sandals didn't fit her properly.

On another note, we just got her a pair of the Lands' End sports sandals (mainly for the beach) and they're terrific!

kathy Guest

Hello,

I purchased a pair of leather sandals for my 2 1/2 yr old grandaughter. They are an extra pair that she does not wear everyday...they are for when she goes outside to play when she is at our house. They fit very well, and she loves to wear them (they have Winnie the Pooh on them). But, again, she only wears them about three times a week for maybe an hour or so.

mschwibi Guest

I buy most of my daughter's shoes at Payless; the others at Target. The shoes from both places wear well, and she's never had blisters or other problems with them. Payless will measure your child's foot for you each time you come in, so you know the correct size to get. Target just has a picture of a foot on the floor for you to use. I bought 2 suade Mary Janes at Target last fall that were fabulous looking and wore well. I also got a white leather pair of MJ's at Payless that are really cute. She has narrow feet, and the only sandles I found to fit her came from Payless. She loves her Blues Clues tennis shoes from Payless, and would sleep in them if she could. As long as you buy shoes with flexible soles, you are doing good for your child's foot.

Michelle

nycmommy Guest

My daughter has two pairs of Payless shoes..Dora the Explorer sandals and Mary Janes. She learned to walk with these (she's 11 months now and has been walking for a month) and goes all over the place in them. I love them! They fit nicely, they don't fall off, I don't have to deal with laces and they are adorable. Even as a novice walker she walks as well w/ these shoes as she does barefoot.

Honestly, she has (so far) been outgrowing shoes every 3-4 months. I think it would be insane for me to buy her $40 shoes that she will wear for such a short time. Not even my shoes cost that much! I got her those two pairs during one of the buy one pair get another pair half-off sale and it was one of the best purchases I ever made.

If you do go to Payless just make sure you get the more expensive type of shoes...a shoe that is made out of plastic obviously would not be as good a choice.

vkmom Guest

Default Check soles

DD is 10 months and walking too. There was a cute demin shoe we got from Payless, but the soles were so smooth so it was difficult for her to walk without sliding. She's only worn Payless (3rd pair). But make sure you check the sole for saftey.

ct Guest

Default RE: Stride Rite Brands

I am a little picky about what kinds of shoes my 1.5 YO wears. Just wanted to note that Stride Rite also makes the Munchkin (sold at Sears/JCPenney) and BabySmart/Kidsmart (sold at Target) brands at a much more reasonable price (around $14) than the Stride Rite brand but with all the quality and comfort. I looked at a Payless before, but I only like to buy leather shoes and couldn't find any at the store by me.

ct

JakesMom Guest

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this! We usually have one "good" pair of shoes for my son (Stride Rite, etc.) but I buy his sneakers from Payless, and he's got a pair of velcro, rubber-soled sandals from Old Navy. I buy the leather sneakers at Payless (I think they're called "Cross Trekkers" or something like that). He loves them, and seems more comfortable in these than even his $50 fancy leather shoes. I like the fact that I can quickly buy him another pair when these seem small or even when they get really dirty.

I felt horribly guilty about this, but he runs like a champ and loves to be able to help take off and put on his own shoes (because of the velcro straps). As long as he's comfortable, I'm thrilled that I can get his play shoes inexpensively.

Default RE: Stride Rite Brands

Yes that is a good route also keds shoes are another choice, they have a whole bunch of new styles out even baby bootie type and they sell for less than stride rite yet they are the same company. :)

Thanks all for your thoughts...well dd has now outgrown them and they were ok, but really she gets a better fit from the other brands, i went into a payless to see what else was available but it's hard to get the leather, many style are not..plus the fit of their shoes just doesn't seem to match up with my daughters feet. Oh well, i don't think their shoes are all bad but certainly require a hunting approach for getting the leather styles, sometimes their is just nothing, really i like the child shoe shop selection better, may cost more but i have many brands to choose from plus they are always leather no man-made vinyl runners there ;)