Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    KRM Guest

Default Target is great for kids clothes!

Target is really a fantastic place for toddler clothes. My two-year-old daughter has several turtlenecks from Target and they are of wonderful quality, wash well, and fit great. They are very similar to the Gymboree turtlenecks, which retail for twice as much!

Also, I just picked her up a pair of patent leather holiday shoes at Target for the amazing price of $8.99. They are cute and solidly made. I couldn't see spending $40-50 on a pair of stride rides or elefantens on a pair of shoes she won't be wearing that often.

But, on the other hand, and speaking of elefantens, they are terrific shoes. My daughter's everyday shoes are elefantens and we've been very happy with them. Some of the stride rides she tried on were just too clunky looking and the elefantens fit her so much better. They're expensive, but worth it.

elaine Guest

Default RE: Target is great for kids clothes!

I too like target for baby/toddler clothes. Good selection, cute stuff, and nice prices.

What are elefantens, and where can I get them? I bought my daughter a pair of Stride Rites for her first shoes (size 4 1/2 at 14 mo) but the fit wasn't perfect. I couldn't find any other brands that seemed flexible enough for first shoes in such a large size. (She hates them anyway - she's a barefoot princess.)

momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Stride Rite carries elafantens and so does Nordstrom's. The shoes are a little pricey (about $50) but they are of good quality. Good luck! -Lauren

holland2 Guest

Do the clothes withstand the wash and wear? It is cheaper than Gap or Gymboree, but do you have to buy twice as much?

They have two brands- cherokee and circo? any suggestions?

elaine Guest

I've bought both circo and cherokee, and they've held up as well as anything from Gap.

Speaking of Gap, their jersey-lined overalls are terrific. DD has one pair that is still going strong after a year, and they seem very comfy. Best of all, I bought them on January clearance! Woo.

emmiem is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

>Do the clothes withstand the wash and wear?

Gymboree clothes wash much better than Target brands, in my opinion. Also, the fit is more consistent. The cotton is softer and appliques and embroidery are smoother on the inside in Gymboree's items. Also, Target now has a horrible return policy.
    Mama to three girls

MELISSA TARUN Guest

Target has a line of baby shoes made by Stride Rite, for those of us who love the shoes but not the high prices! Regular price Baby Smart (I think that's the name of the line) Sandals at Target made by Stride Rite were $12.99.

I agree with those who have said Target's return/exchange policy is horrible, so save your receipt just in case!

emmiem is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

FYI-Baby Smart by Stride Rite are made only in whole sizes and they run wider than the average width of the Stride Rite Brand.
    Mama to three girls

Leslie Guest

I haven't bought tons of Gymboree (and have bought tons of Circo) but they've held up the same for me. The both have pluses and minuses. Circo needs more washing before the cotton is comfy, but the colors of Gymboree fade almost with the first wash, regardless of temperature. Maybe if my son were wearing the clothes for a year or more the Gymboree would hold up better, but at the rate he grows out of them... who could say?

elf Guest

I've also had great luck shopping at Sears. They have a "basics" line that is well priced all the time, and they have a lot of other nice clothes. (At the moment they're having a sale - 30% off most things - and I got a cute Healthtex summer outfit.)

What I like best is that I can USUALLY find SOMETHING there that is like what I'm looking for, at a decent price, whatever it may be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast