Joel Guest

Default Toddler Shoe Widths - What brands are wide?

My 20-month-old son wears a 7.5 wide shoe. Stride Rite makes regular and wide versions of their shoes, but what other brands do? Seems the adult shoe makers (Nike, Addidas, Sketchers) only make one width. Anyone know which shoe makers make the widest shoes?

Thanks,

Joel

darebear Guest

Default RE: Toddler Shoe Widths - What brands are wide?

My son also wears a wide width. Payless has some of the shoes in wide width, although I have never tried them. I take my son to a local Buster Brown who carries wide width, and he can also wear Nike's because they seem to wide enough. Also you can try Nordstroms and on their website you can search by size and width and it should pull some up. I bought him some Hush Puppies dress shoes in wide width a couple of month ago.

Allison

Minibel has a unique system on some of their shoes,

You can read about it on their site
    http://www.minibelshoes.com

Good Luck..i usually just stuck with stride rite for wides for my son.

:)
    ~Pamela Mom To The Trio Of Trouble

poofgirl Guest

If you are near a Macy's department store they carry a Stride Rite knockoff brand Greendog which comes in wide widths. My 16mo. old son wears a 6.5 wide and they fit comfortably.

good luck,

Angelina

Joel Guest

Thanks for all the helpful advice!

My pediatrician recommends as little shoe wearing as possible, but the kid has to have something to wear besides sandals -- even in warm Los Angeles.

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I found some Wide Nike's toddler shoes at Mervyn's/Kohl's. I also got some great flexible sandals which aren't in a wide, but are wider than other's I've found.

Mommy to Jonah
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

Jennifer Miller Guest

My 20 month old son has been wearing Puma's from Nordstrom's in size 6. He has a wide foot (double wide - Stride Rite) and a high instep. It's a family thing. The Pumas have worked very well and were around $30.

DS (29 months) has a wide foot with a very high instep. He used to wear only Stride Rites in double wide. Now, he can wear Stride Rite in wide (there are some cute suede boot options this year that light up, which he loves) or Elefanten, which tend to run wide. For cheaper options, we've tried Keds, which come in wide, and Baby Gap's velcro sneakers, which for some reason are okay.

HTH some.

Lisa
    & Jack, 4/20/01
    & Little brother-to-be, e.d.d., 12/15/03

KUvsOU Guest

I also found wide Nike toddler shoes at Kohl's. I picked them up by accident the other day. Right now, our Kohl's store has these shoes on sale.

Shawna
    Mom of Cade 6/16/02

Nelle Guest

I haven't checked all of your replies, so I apologize if this is a duplicate. My son (21 moa.) is also a wide width. I have found Land' s end shoes to be sized generously overall (a 5 will fit a 5 1/2 measured at Stride Rite) and wide. I have also gotten some great deals on adorable shoes on the overstock section of the Lands End website.