Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Helen Guest

Default Anyone tried Hanna Andersson clothing?

My friend recommended the brand Hanna Andersson to me. I have three kids, close in age, and am always looking for simple basics, sweatpants, sweatjackets, elastic shorts, etc., which can last through the kids. Has anyone tried this brand, or can anyone suggest another brand of basic clothes that really last? Thanks for your advice.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Anyone tried Hanna Andersson clothing?

Hanna clothes are very nice and very well constructed, but I think they are very expensive. I also really like Lands End kids clothes. They also have lots of great basics, and are more affordable than Hanna. On the Lands End website there is also an Overstocks page where you can usually get pretty good deals.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Hanna is definitely pricey and even though they have some "basics", I can't imagine letting my kids role around outside in them. However, the quality is truly fantastic, the clothes are adorable, and they will definitely last through several kids. They do have a sale page on their website where you can get some good bargains. I usually splurge on 1 or 2 outfits a season from Hanna - their stuff is too cute! Good luck!
    -Lauren

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I love Hanna clothing. We have a few pairs of Wiggle Pants. Only 1 I have purchased new, the others were from trades or eBay and all are in good shape. I actually like the older ones better, the fabric is thicker. We also have some moccasins, PJs, a hat, sweater & T. They're all really nice. Check eBay for better prices or if you are lucky enough to live near one of their outlets!
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

elf Guest

I like Hanna (love their cute hats!), but I think they're expensive for what they are. Also, some of the color combinations are a little much for me. Watch their sales, but otherwise when I want clothes like that I generally buy from Land's End.

emmiem is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I love Hanna Andersson clothing!!!! I would definitely let them roll around outside in them even the more dressy styles. The clothes are more durable than any other brand. Unlike Gymboree they do not use white backgrounds for everything. Hannas can be handed down for sure.
    Mama to three girls

Just wanted to add, I had the pleasure of visiting the Hanna Andersson outlet in Kitterey, Maine this past weekend and I loved it! The bargains were about 20% to 50% off and the selection was much better than I thought it would be. I just wished I lived closer to it - Kitterey is a good 7+ hours away from me!
    -Lauren

Rachel Guest

lands end is better for basics because they have a guarantee that will allow you to return anything that tears and get a brand new one - that's awesome for passing down from child to child

I'm not sure if Hanna has a guarantee about the wear and tear of their clothes, but I had bought a sweater outfit fir Kasey from HA when she was 9 months old and noticed a tear in the sweater after she had worn it only twice. When I called up Hanna and told them about it, they very quickly agreed to replace it or have me pick out something else in it's place - they even agreed to pay to have the outfit shipped back to them. They have great customer service.
    -Lauren

chloe's mom Guest

I love Hanna clothes. I am lucky to have an outlet 2 minutes from my house and am in there all the time. They fit great, wear great and wash really well. I love the way they size, more by height than weight, and this has helped her stay in them longer than other brands.
    I also love the thickness of their fabrics and their colors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast