Default Warm Toddler Coat for Michigan

I have the Gymboree 3-in-1 coat for my 22 month old son. I am happy with the coat but find that the thickness of the outer part interferes with putting my DS into the carseat. I find that the fleece liner works much better in the carseat. I don't do more than take him from the house to the car, etc... like this. My husband keeps instisting that I put the heavy coat on him especially since our son in asthmatic and extremely susceptible to colds. I've called L.L. Bean to find out the temperature rating on their polar fleece coats but they said they do not give that info out on their childrens clothes. Any suggestions of something warm enough for a Michigan winter but safe in a carseat?

Genevieve

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Warm Toddler Coat for Michigan

We're in Boston and are devotees of the Land's End polartec fleece. It comes in a jacket or a bunting and keeps my 18 month old very warm.

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02

ddmarsh Guest

I have bought both the Lands End and Bean boys jackets (called warm up jacket at Bean and I can't remember at LE) every year and I am just crazy about them. While the boys are younger I buy the version that is longer and covers the rear for extra warmth. We live in Ohio and have plenty of cold days and these have been perfect. They are somehow the perfect combination of warmth without too much bulk.

BTW, in recent years I prefer the style of the Bean version, but that's purely an asthetic choice.

Thanks for the advice. I think I am going to go with the Landsend coat. Theirs is the Polartec 300 while Beans is the 200. I even went to Sears in the hope that they would have the jackets at the store thus allowing me to check them out and avoid shipping. Unfortunately, all I could find was the boys and not the toddlers. I couldn't find a salesperson to ask...terrible service...not what one expects of Landsend.

luvmy3girls Guest

also along the same lines is corky & co.'s polarfleece coats. i have the coat and a snowsuit for the baby and they are great. (also for girls they come with the cutest hats!)

Another good option is the lands end squalls, they are warm yet not bulky.

:)

http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

http://smilies.crowd9.com/contrib/fk/flowerkitty.gif[/IMG]